Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SCCA Runoffs

Liked: 95

Default Replies

I knew going in that it would seem to be almost suicidal to post. Nevertheless some have taken more time and thought than I to respond. Reid and others in particular. Thank you for responding more precisely than me. Reid especially.
    Bob mentioned about the dead horse thing. Well there are some, possibly many still pretty sore about what was promised and what now is reality with Zetec. Most if not all Zetec guys would quit if Pinto was the only choice today. They will also admit it is way better.
    Wren mentioned there are prep shops who can't "sell" Zetec cars sitting. True. Also true is there are guys who ran multiple cars (myself 3) who couldn't convert. Just economics. That bill was enormous then and more now. My customers and prospects said I can't do that. Funny now it finds it's way up to prep shops. I refer back to what is wrong stating my opinion and others too. I unfortunately see no will to engage to fix it. Letter(s) to SCCA I am afraid are not effective enough because no leadership has the time, temperament nor patience to attempt such a diverse and faceted mess as this.
    After talking with some people I also called SCCA and asked about Tech at Runoffs. I am still waiting for the return call from 2015!!! Let alone 2016.I would be willing to work and participate but guys like Reid and Novak are the guys who would make a difference. They will now kill me for volunteering them. I have been in SCCA since /84 and also sit on the board of the local kart club (my heritage) and I know messes can be fixed. It's how effective you can make it to as large a group as possible WITHOUT it being gerber. Personally I find it amazing not one person commented (or cared??) about the Runoffs Tech. A lesson there for me.
    If anyone seriously wants to tackle this I will work with them. You know part of the solution etc.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Quote Originally Posted by Westroc View Post
    Personally I find it amazing not one person commented (or cared??) about the Runoffs Tech. A lesson there for me.
    Well, with 1 Pinto (DNF) in 2014 and 1 in 2015 (DNF) and 0 in 2016 and a clear understanding of why the winners were successful I don't think anyone was thinking about the engines.....

This thread was really about the pathetic numbers....

Quote Originally Posted by Westroc View Post
    If anyone seriously wants to tackle this I will work with them. You know part of the solution etc.
    Should we start a new thread to compile a letter?
    I think if the SCCA receives 20 copies of the same letter they'll have to consider it.....
    I'm 1 for 1 on rule changes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information