Liked: 10

My wife and I have finally taken the plunge on the new spec car. Chassis #51 (and several others) should have left England early this week, so we have probably several months of anticipation ahead of us. Are there any other owners of the new car in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, western Montana, ...) out there? We are currently running our Swift DB-3 in FC at Portland International Raceway but will probably add Pacific Raceways (Seattle) for next year.
    We will definitely attend the Formula SCCA North American Championship race at Pacific Raceways Sept. 5-6 even though our car will definitely not be ready (heck, it probably won't be delivered by then).

Anyone actually planning on running there?

Tony Opheim
    FC #31 - Swift DB-3 (but soon to be FSCCA...)
    Tony Opheim
    '02 Swift 014.a (1600cc Toyota, 1732cc Toyota, and 2.0L MZR Mazda )

Liked: 0

Tony,

I believe there is at least one more car being delivered to Portland.

I myself am one of the fence sitters. I got caught up in some of the teething problems with the Fran-am cars and am once bitten twice shy.

That said I hope to order a FSCCA as soon as I am comfortable with their development.

Please look me up if you are coming to Portland for the August SCCA races, we can talk FSCCA. I am SRF #42 and pit by Flat Out Racing.

Liked: 10

I can certainly understand waiting - we figured the teething problems were worth it vs. a higher price if we waited too much longer.
    We are planning on being there in August so I will definitely look you up!
    Tony Opheim
    '02 Swift 014.a (1600cc Toyota, 1732cc Toyota, and 2.0L MZR Mazda )

Thread Information