Contributing Member quartzracer's Avatar
    Liked: 5

Default Rt-41 wachs racing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GP3-Formula-...m=152227077468

Just saw this trail. First (NOT MY CAR, NO ASSOCIATION) just thought it was a nicely prepped car for someone to race. Sad that it has come to this. I once had a Lotus 61 and took it to a vintage event where there were three other 61's. The car right next to ours had the same chassis tag!
    Last edited by quartzracer; 09.09.16 at 3:59 AM.

Liked: 0

Default Rt41

Why hasn't this car sold yet? Everone knows this is the king of it's era and this car is a fabulous example with a fantastic spares package. A lot of us couldn't afford this car but when I go to the track I see a lot of money guys who wouldn't blink at the price. I mean, just to own such a car and do a few races with VARA would be a dream come true to a lot of us. I know the "Myths" ($) surronding the FA's will turn a lot off, but you could break into the teens at Willow Springs and never rev above 8500, with the proper gearing, and be safe. And the motor would last a for ages. So much fun for an older guy that wants to experience the grip and thrill of the Atlantics.

Liked: 101

Default Rt41

The problem is , this car was sold by a fellow in NY ( I will with hold his name) he said this was Tub 1026 infact this is not the case , I own 1026 with all the doc's from new, we spoke but he still peddled it as a Newman-Wachs pro car with tub #1026 current owner says its the last Ralt produced infact RT41's where built by March. Ron had sold out by this time.

Dee
    RT5
    RT 41

Liked: 30

Interesting, so what is the suspected story on this tub? Non original?

Liked: 101

Default Rt 41

Hard to say, many tubs were turned to junk , they ran so low the bottoms got pounded to mush. not mention the untimely crashes ,tubs have been made after the fact. molds for rt 40 and 41s are for sale on racecars.com as we speak.
    it has been said a couple of cars were made in the U.S. in the late 90's total count around 43

Dee

Thread Information