Here's the latest:

Remaining engines at Quicksilver all have incorrect cams. Turns out the Duretec's cam profile is different for automatic transmissions than standard transmissions. The prototype and the first several engines built were out of cars with standard transmissions. A few weeks ago, Quicksilver noted an engine with 10 less hp, a bit of research discovered Ford/Mazda had changed the cam profile in the production phase without changing the part number (doesn't make sense to me, how would a dealer order the correct cam for a particular engine). Anyway, that's the current situation.

My question to QS was of course, where are the correct cams?, the reply was (as usual)"I don't know, ask Enterprises". The conversation with Jim Dickson @ Enterprises went eerily similar: "where's the cams?, I asked. The reply, "I don't know, ask Mazda Racing" (he didn't actually say that, the "ask Mazda Racing" part, that is)

Let me apologize in advance to all the people who have put alot of time and effort into this project and genuinely mean well but " What the F?"
In this age of communications, inexpensive overnight ( even 2 day) shipping, GPS cargo tracking, etc, etc, does this happen? We've got people who air shipped cars (what a waste of money that must have been!), cancelled planned mini-vacations around race weekends, not to mention missing half the season so far and there still isn't a car on the track! I'm sorry but I have to vent! I've built and moved into my house since I ordered this car. The LRP National is this weekend and if this project keeps at this pace, I'll lose my license by renewal time next year!

My fear (quite justified) is this "snag" will take weeks or months to solve (ie intake, axles, etc) and I get a feeling it boils down time wasted to who's blaming who, who's gonna pay for this while we buyers (who've ordered over a million dollars worth of merchandise) sit on the sidelines!

From the beginning, I've been pretty understanding, and realize the problems that can arise from turning an idea to a prototype to a production based item but the speed at which the problems get resolved are not acceptable. If Mazda Racing isn't returning calls, book a flight and see his boss, always works for me!

Feel better already,

Scott Brickey