Liked: 553

Wanted To Buy Ralt RT-4 Suspension spares (rocker arm), or plating re

I purchased a '83 Ralt RT-4 and some of the suspension pieces don't look pristine, so I'm looking for either new spares/replacements, or plating recommendations.

Most desired are front lower wishbones and rear rocker arms (mine don't match).

I think I have the front wide track version, but will need to confirm specific lengths.

The parts I have are usable, so I could send them some place for plating, but spares are always nice to have.

Thanks for any leads.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 07.19.16 at 7:04 AM.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 13

Default suspension plating

If you plate the suspension -- Don't do Chrome plating -- Polished nickel plating is the way to go.

Thanks.

Mike

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1

Default Rt4

Once you know what you want I should be able to help, have std and wide track, and rear rockers

Quote Originally Posted by garry64 View Post
    Once you know what you want I should be able to help, have std and wide track, and rear rockers
    Thanks, Gary. I'll take and post pics and measurements tonight.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Here are pictures of my current parts.

Interestingly, an ApexSpeeder sent pictures of his rear rockers and we saw that mine are very different lengths. I don't know much about the different offerings but mine might not be the most popular version.

As mentioned earlier, my parts are usable but since I'm taking the car all the way down to the tub (and with no deadline for getting it back together), it's a good time to look for nicer pieces and maybe get some spares. Thanks for any leads.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Russ,

I imagine its too late since you have the car apart but the wide track front should be 72" (outside of tire to outside of tire) IIRC and the narrow track rear should be the same.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 141

Russ - you said you needed a "better" front lower wishbone but the pic you posted is a rear lower. Fronts have a 'safety strut' tieing the open legs together and plastic bushings raher than rodends. Your pic seems to measure 18" long (steel to steel, no rodends) - that's very wide for a rear - the ones I have (one good, two bent) are 13" long. Charlie always told me wide front, narrow rear is best set up.

Sorry I never got my pics off to you - spent a few days indisposed - will do it soon. Derek

Thanks, Derek.

My front wishbones are not like you describe. Attached is a picture of my four lower wishbones. As you'll see, three are decent, one front wishbone isn't and I'd like to demote it to a spare.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Russ. Derek is correct. You may have rear wishbones that have been "fit" to the front. The picture you posted is of a wide track rear lower A arm. Let me check what I have for lower fronts later today.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps, at some point in this car's 30+ year life, someone tried (and kept) some non-standard suspension pieces.

Here are my front rockers (in case they shed light on my front lower wishbones).

Russ,

Did not get to the shop today. However, you can/must/should not run those arms as the lower front A arms without the safety strut (just outside the tub). If you think about it, there is no need for spherical bearing at the attachment points of the lower A arm. That is the fixed point. Castor is set at the upper mounting point (with very little adjustment possible), camber is set by the outer adjustable barrel, and toe is set with the steering arms. Having another multi-positional mounting point would really muddy the waters.

I'm thinking someone wanted to make a wide track front setup, had some rockers, and used a couple of rear lower A arms to achieve this. Unsafe at any speed as these arms will not have the strength needed.

I'll be at the shop this weekend and see what I have.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Thread Information