Liked: 0

I have started an off-line discussion of several alternative schedules. If you did not receive my e-mail and would like to contribute your input, please let me know.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

I have already emailed my request to Steve, so I'll throw it out to the group.

Is anyone interested in having one of our events at IRP? It would most likely be in early May.
    The local SCCA Region has been talking to the track in regards to getting the surface repaired in certain areas of the track. I hope that it is resoved soon so that I can report back here.

Indianapolis Raceway Park is still a fun and challenging track. It just needs some TLC from its owners. I will be at the opening double regional regardless, since I live 15 min from it.

I hope to see more of you there in 2005

Brian Duncan
    Brian Duncan<br />Indy Region

Liked: 3

I also gave Steve my opinion (thanks to Steve for continuing his hard work on the series, and double thanks for the extra work this year)...

I've never run IRP -- my last visit there my age was in the single digits -- but it sounds like it could be a fun track.

Are you thinking of a fifth weekend in the series, or maybe ( *gasp* ) replacing that big Lexington track? I can't say I'd vote against that idea.

Hi Steve,

Did not get your email regarding the '05 schedule. I liked last years schedule although I wouldn't mind replacing MO with IRP. I've run IRP in my E-Prod car numerous times and I can report that it is a blast to drive - very fast and demanding. However, it is a bit bumpy and I think the FF and CF's would need to increase the ride height considerably. If the track gets repaired to eliminate the bad bumps, I would definetly vote to race there. Please include the now traditional luncheon for the EWC drivers in your planning. Scott, Connie and I will be running the full EWC schedule in '05 and look forward to increasing the headcount at my tent for lunch.

Look forward to next season already.

Loren J. Tieman
    #00 Reynard 83F
    Fat Boy Racing
    No time, no talent, plenty of sleep....

Liked: 3

Would IRP require more ride height than Grattan?

Hey, there's an idea. I'd vote to go back to Grattan a second time

Contributing Member Tom Tipsword's Avatar

My guess is that IRP would need a great deal more ride height. The place is getting pretty rough here and there. Unfortunately NHRA owns the facility and unless it has to do with drag racing it's on the back burner. I hope the racing regions can talk them into some pavement. Maybe the new Autobahn in Joliet, IL will get online with SCCA soon.

Loren: I just resent the e-mail to you. If it does not arrive, please e-mail me. Maybe I have a problem with my mailing list. Steve

Liked: 313

I want to add my voice to adding IRP for a fifth weekend. Please note I got my butt kicked there in May, 2004. It's bumpy. Makes you think about shock settings and ride height. Hey, are we a bunch of F1 pansies that can't run unless it's billiard table smooth?
    Best reason to race there is that it's one of the great drafting tracks and in a CFF that's what it's all about.

Check out the Indy Regions site concerning the future of IRP.

Indy Region Website

I have emailed the RE concerning the EWC and how we could be a big boost to the car count if we race there this May
    Brian Duncan<br />Indy Region

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Wow, that's great news as it was deteriorating to a point where it had become dangerous. I dodged a six inch piece of concrete the last time I was there that was thrown up by Michael Badens car. That would have left a mark. This would make a good centralized venue for the EWC and it is a fun track when you can run it with all four wheels on the ground!

Thread Information