Thread: VIR 2016 Event

Liked: 42

Default VIR 2016 Event

Looks like another strong field for F1600 this weekend at VIR, with Pelfrey expanding by a car.

I'm sure there won't be any shortage of passing over the three races

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 42

Default Meanwhile at VIR...

Two finishes from the weekend (screen shots off the videos):

4. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 127

Absolutely top notch racing, it doesn't get any better than this. The F1600 series put on a hell of a show this past weekend at VIR!
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 679

Awesome; How about posting some of the video?

Also: How can I see the lap times for the starting grid? I used to run VIR with this series, and would like to again, but I don't want to get in anyone's way, or be so far behind I have nobody to race with.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdrivr View Post
    Awesome; How about posting some of the video?

Also: How can I see the lap times for the starting grid? I used to run VIR with this series, and would like to again, but I don't want to get in anyone's way, or be so far behind I have nobody to race with.
    lap times

Q1: http://f1600series.com/results/22-re...lifying-1.html

Q2: http://f1600series.com/results/22-re...lifying-2.html

Q3: http://f1600series.com/results/22-re...lifying-3.html

R3: http://f1600series.com/results/22-re...ir-race-3.html

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Keep in mind since the repave the track is about 1-2 seconds quicker. All good times are done with a draft as well. These are best times in those sessions so also not average times.
    Steve Bamford

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think I'd still be playing out of my league, but I have done 2:05s on the bias plys. At least, if I can do that regularly on the spec tire, it looks like I'd not get lapped and mess with the lead group's finish. Maybe next trip I can come play where the cars are.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdrivr View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think I'd still be playing out of my league, but I have done 2:05s on the bias plys. At least, if I can do that regularly on the spec tire, it looks like I'd not get lapped and mess with the lead group's finish. Maybe next trip I can come play where the cars are.
    Jim we ran 14 laps, you would need to be 9 seconds off a lap to even be close to being lapped and that is if it ran all green. Guys who ran 4-6 seconds off were still within well under half a lap.

I am sure you would have fun and being around the other cars, following some of their lines, you would pick up more speed then you think.
    Steve Bamford

Steve,
    Thanks for the encouraging words. I ran 2:08 last week on the bias, but only got three sessions, and no competition [hence, the re-look at the pro series] I feel I'd have gotten down a bit more if I'd had a bit more track time, and maybe somone to chase [I left a bit of a margin at Southbend, which I haven't done when in a tight battle]. If I can do as well on the radials in the fall, I am thinking of coming to the pro event next year. I ran several times with the series, and it is a treat to have a field full of Formula Car guys, to learn from, and to watch in action.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

Thread Information