Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4361

Default Come join the fun!

Attachment 59591
    The Series does not go around recruiting potential drivers like it did a few years ago, but people on the East Coast really need to consider checking out some events. It is unquestionably the best value for FF, FC, or FA racers in the US. Single class racing, race and tech officials who know what they are doing, world class tracks, etc. It is races put on by racers.
    In F2000 and FA, there is a wide range of driving skill and car quality, so there is a place for almost anyone who has progressed beyond beginner status. The F1600 field is world class and deep, and there is lots of tracktime available to improve your performance level. If a couple of racers from another race group get organized and come to some races together, then there will always be someone to race with, while taking advantage of all that track time.
    The Series was offering incentives to SCCA club racers.
    The first 3 races are at 3 world class tracks.
    Road Atlanta, April 8-10
    Watlins Glen, May13-15
    VIR, June 3-5
    Whether you are a racer, crew, worker, official, or fan ..... if you love formula car racing, you should check it out. I guarantee you will be impressed and want to be involved. If you cannot bring a race car, then just contact a team, or the Series, and come out as a guest or worker. Contact me if you need help finding someone near you!
    http://www.f1600series.com/
    http://www.f2000championshipseries.com/
    http://www.atlanticchampionshipseries.com/
    Last edited by problemchild; 03.03.16 at 9:07 PM.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 279

I plan on running at least a few events this year in a new (to me) Piper DF5 F1600 so there will be at least one old, slow guy in F1600. Come on out and play "beat the fossil ".
    Ciao,

Joel
    Piper DF-5 F1000

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 29

Default Can't beat it !!

And Legacy Autosport has the Legacy Mygale car that won 12 of 14 F2000 races last year, still available for arrive and drive customers this year. We also have a built a brand new car, that is now ready to go. See both cars in the FC classifieds. Contact Ben Beasley 440 413-4801, Benbeasley4747@yahoo.com

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Greg, thank you for the post!

To detail Greg's reference, the Series is offering current club drivers a half price entry for a weekend if you have never been to one of our races (in all three classes). You only need a club license, a SCCA legal car, and do not need to pay the Series registration for a one-off event. You get at least 3 hours of track time and two races each and every weekend (FF gets 3 races per weekend).

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to call me; my phone is always on. (best to go through the Series phone number: 855-722-3377, ext. 701) There is a lot of information on our websites about how we operate, our schedule, and contact info. I think you will find many things we do will make you racing weekend very enjoyable.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

I am constantly surprised we don't see more Club racers each year try a few weekends in the Series. I started from Club racing and was mid pack at best in Club racing when I started to attend the Pro Series races. There were plenty of people for me to race with when I started so I was not driving around by myself & it was not as intimidating as I had imagined.

What amazed me about the Pro Series was I did not have to spend the hours at the track dealing with the admin end of things that I needed to in the Pro Series. Registration takes no more then three minutes total & often is done at the series trailer when my time allows during the day. Tech will come over to our paddock & go over the cars instead of us having to line up for yearly safety's. Post race tech is always quick & efficient as they are only dealing with one class at a time.

This is before I even speak about what everyone seems to ask for, single class run groups. It is hard to compare to Club racing if you have never experienced a single class event other then the Runoffs.

This really spoiled Club racing for me as after experiencing a united team from the Pro Series making sure we had enjoyable events, treating us racers as customers, it made returning to Club racing painful with the admin & on track multi groupings experiences.

I hope we see more Club racers come out as I believe that the Series is actually what was originally intended for Club racing. Sure there are guys with the big rigs/trailers, but there is also the guys who come to the track themselves & have a friend help them out. No different then what I see at Club events actually as the big rigs are there as well.

If anyone has any questions I am more then happy to try to answer or help.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 1115

Too far for me to bring a car, but you make me think hard about crewing for someone...
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 38

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bamford View Post
    I am constantly surprised we don't see more Club racers each year try a few weekends in the Series. I started from Club racing and was mid pack at best in Club racing when I started to attend the Pro Series races. There were plenty of people for me to race with when I started so I was not driving around by myself & it was not as intimidating as I had imagined.

What amazed me about the Pro Series was I did not have to spend the hours at the track dealing with the admin end of things that I needed to in the Pro Series. Registration takes no more then three minutes total & often is done at the series trailer when my time allows during the day. Tech will come over to our paddock & go over the cars instead of us having to line up for yearly safety's. Post race tech is always quick & efficient as they are only dealing with one class at a time.

This is before I even speak about what everyone seems to ask for, single class run groups. It is hard to compare to Club racing if you have never experienced a single class event other then the Runoffs.

This really spoiled Club racing for me as after experiencing a united team from the Pro Series making sure we had enjoyable events, treating us racers as customers, it made returning to Club racing painful with the admin & on track multi groupings experiences.

I hope we see more Club racers come out as I believe that the Series is actually what was originally intended for Club racing. Sure there are guys with the big rigs/trailers, but there is also the guys who come to the track themselves & have a friend help them out. No different then what I see at Club events actually as the big rigs are there as well.

If anyone has any questions I am more then happy to try to answer or help.
    Steve and Greg are right. If you can you should go run at least one Pro race during the year. The fee to join the pro series will be waived for one or two races. The price you pay is well worth the experience and you can decide for yourself if it is for you or not. But it is always better to be able to say yes I ran one and .......................................... Pick one close to you and do it. If you don't go, you don't know.
    HT

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4361

1 week to go. Both F1600 and F2000 Series grids are approaching 20 cars. Weather looks good, if only compared to the snow due in WNY tomorrow. Some of the club FF guys are returning so there will be a range of people to race with. If you have a car for either class, load it up, and come racing.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Thread Information