Liked: 341

Default Formula Ford the Series from Willow Springs

[SIZE=3]https://youtu.be/wAwi0KGPEN8[/SIZE]

The latest in my efforts to emulate an actual racing driver. Unfortunately, I only have the video from Saturday as a user error caused the Sunday race to not record. Nothing wrong with the camera just a mistake by me. It is okay though because my Sunday race was boring. After about the first lap, you see nothing but empty track in front of me and empty track behind. I settled into a huge gap finishing third overall and second in class. Hope you enjoy the footage.

And, if you are in SoCal, I hope this gives you some encouragement to come out and race with Formula Ford the Series.

Eric

2. The following 7 users liked this post:

Liked: 18

Default Oversteer

It looks as though you had a little oversteer

Liked: 341

Quote Originally Posted by speedr727 View Post
    It looks as though you had a little oversteer

More likely driver input than oversteer. The car was actually reasonably neutral. Going up and down the hill requires patience. Something I do not possess. The result is getting back in the throttle too early and getting the back end to step out because I still have steering input. Turn two is another story. That turn is simply a dance. If I ever get the feel just right, there is a spot in the steering input and throttle input where it balances. I tend to oscillate there never getting the Goldilocks solution. Eight and Nine were fine until the oil down. Then it was an ice rink.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the results for only my seventh race weekend. Still learning a lot. Still having fun. Hopefully I will get to the point where the driver can keep up with the car. That DB-1 is still a lot faster than its driver.

Eric

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

great to watch from this frozen north wasteland

Thread Information