Liked: 0

Here's a "thumbs up to" to everyone in the FF1600 community for another successful FF/CFF East vs West Challenge. We are reminding the world what we already know: Fomula Ford is still a cool place to race.

Just how successful was this year's EWC? Here are some facts and figures:

- a total of 55 drivers contested the series (35 FFs, 20 CFFs, 27 from the East side of Lake Michigan, 28 from the West)

- 46 drivers scored points

- 4 drivers contested all eight races (Nash, Harmison, Beeler, Haydon, Jr)

- 10 drivers contested six of the eight races (Dietz, Foster, Graff, Tieman, Blanc, Duncan, Ehrlinger, Tipsword, Tebo, Neylon)

- 24 cars was the average entry with 28 at M-O the high water mark (way more than Bernie Ecclestone gets)

- if the 41 drivers who did not drive through Chicago did so just once, the average entry would have been 34 cars (one more than Tony George at Indy)

- a total of 13 sponsors contributed approximately $10,000 worth of merchandise and services to the EWC contingency awards fund

- Continental Motorsport Services
    - Lenhart DeSign Werks
    - International Racing Products
    - Shelter Systems
    - Two Dogg, Inc.
    - Frisby Performance Tire
    - DRE Inc. / RaceCarSupply.com
    - Racing Flow Development
    - Moroso Performance Products
    - Schulz Automotive Machine
    - CARQUEST Auto Parts
    - Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies
    - Avon Racing Tires (Mickey Thompson Performance Tires and Wheels)

Don't wait too long to claim your contingency awards. They will expire if unclaimed. Complete details on the EWC contingency award program including sponsor contact information, eligibility requirements, and expiriation dates are included in your EWC driver info packet. If you are not sure about what you won, let me know and I'll check for you.

Congratulations again to the championship winners: Jim Nash (FF), Dave Harmison (CFF), and the East team.

Thanks again to our partner regions: Western Michigan, Blackhawk Valley, Chicago, and Ohio Valley. A big thank you to Rob Howden as well for the great EWC coverage in FormulaCar magazine.

With the rumors of the Area 4 / Area 5 divorce, who knows what the 2005 CENDIV schedule (or schedules) will look like. Regardless, there will be a 2005 EWC. You don't want to miss it. Dates and locations to follow....

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

[size="1"][ October 23, 2004, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Steve B ][/size]

Liked: 0

I just e-mailed out an .xls file that summarizes this year's series to everyone in the EWC driver recruiting pool: race results, driver and team championship points, contingency award winners, etc. If you are not on my mailing list, let me know and I'll beam one out to you.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Thread Information