Thread: Womer for Sale

Contributing Member Andrew Stein's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Default Womer for Sale

Liked: 300

That was my first Womer FV. It was started by someone else who moved to FF and I bought it and finished it. Won the MARRS championship with it in 87. Sold it to Rick Riser who I think then sold it to Ralph Manado and I think a hill climb guy bought and ran hill climbs with it.
    I t originally had a D-13 zero roll rear suspension and Ralph did some work on the chassis so it is not as I sold it.
    Ed

Liked: 13

Default New listing

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/5398039380.html

Good starter/regional car. I sold it earlier this year to the current owner, he has went over the car from top to bottom but, he has trouble getting out the car due to bad arms and realizes that he will not be able to race it.

Liked: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Womer View Post
    That was my first Womer FV. It was started by someone else who moved to FF and I bought it and finished it. Won the MARRS championship with it in 87. Sold it to Rick Riser who I think then sold it to Ralph Manado and I think a hill climb guy bought and ran hill climbs with it.
    I t originally had a D-13 zero roll rear suspension and Ralph did some work on the chassis so it is not as I sold it.
    Ed
    Ed,

The nose looks similar to my Z-18B and I wondered if the Zink's nose was the inspiration
    for your nose?

Mark

Liked: 300

Mark, the guy who was building the car was copying the Z-18 chassis and had the bodywork but I found it to hard to get into the car and it also didn't have any side protection so I made some changes and made the bodywork out of .020 aluminum that I bent in a siding brake and since I had the nose I used it. It was a good car and with the D-13 zero roll it worked very well but it looks like someone went to a single shock rear system at some time.
    Ed

Liked: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Womer View Post
    Mark, the guy who was building the car was copying the Z-18 chassis and had the bodywork but I found it to hard to get into the car and it also didn't have any side protection so I made some changes and made the bodywork out of .020 aluminum that I bent in a siding brake and since I had the nose I used it. It was a good car and with the D-13 zero roll it worked very well but it looks like someone went to a single shock rear system at some time.
    Ed

Cool...I thought I recognized that nose!

Mark

Liked: 13

Default ebay

Car is on ebay, winning bid so, far is $3400.

Thread Information