Thread: Trailer Canopy

Liked: 0

I have a 24' enclosed trailer and was looking for a good canopy, do you guys have any suggestions where I might be able to find something?
    Morgan<br />Zetec Championship

Liked: 11

Morgan-

Here is what I neded up doing:

1st- Borrowed a 20x12 pole type tent from my crew chief. They are available all over the place for about $200 (which, btw is an exceptional deal as the poles alone will cost more than that now). We set the tent up next to the trailer and it worked pretty good, but the poles were in the way. Next we attached mounts on the side of the trailer using parts from home depot- basicly a plate with a threaded center and 4 bolt holes into which you screw a 90' elbow, then a 1" pipe. To set up the tent you just have to slide the corner pieces over the 1" pipe (which stays attached to the side of the trailer all the time).... so we only had poles on the outer wall which was great. BTW- we used identical plates on the inside of the trailer and bolted through the wall to really secure the mounts.

This is fine if you don't set up a scale platform at the track. Unfortunately, usually I do. So, I purchased a 20x24' tarp recently and I am buying new poles for the roof. I will still be able to use my existing corner pieces, and the 'upgrade' will cost about $150.

If I did not already own a tent I would buy the awning that partytentcity sells. Check it out here: 20x20 awning
    This would be really cool...
    But figure your poles (metal has gone through the roof in the past year) at $12.00 each. So

$219 for the kit
    $30 shipping
    $336 poles ($12 x 28)
    $585 total
    You would end up w/ a set up the looks like a Holiday Canopy for a fraction of the price.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

dvantages: No poles in the ground whatsoever.

Takes absolutely zero space in the trailer.

Fast set up and take down.

Cons: have a diagonial brace at each end that runs from the bottom of the trailer to the canopy when it is opened. Not a big deal. I have had this type of canopy for 18 years.

If you get a realllyyy strong wind, it can flap a bit. That can be fixed with awning deflappers that secure the fabric to the rafters at each end.

Also, I have a tie down set up that I attach to each end if it gets really blowing strong.

This is just like the Carefree brand awniongs that wells cargo sells as an option .

Thread Information