Liked: 309

Default 2014 Hoosier FF A2500...

Searched ApexSpeed and only found one reference to the new 2014 Hoosier A2500 tire but that was in a FM thread :

New Hoosiers are ready to ship

Prior to 2014, Hoosier offer the C2500. Any insights from the FF crew that have run the new A2500 tire? Private Message me if you do not want to share publicly.

Take care,
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 20

I went to visit at El Toro Sunday, didn't think to check out the C vs. A Hoosiers. I did see a FF on cantilever Avons...

Chris, PM me any PM's you get

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Default A2500 = More Lateral Grip?

Quote Originally Posted by ewcmr2 View Post
    I went to visit at El Toro Sunday, didn't think to check out the C vs. A Hoosiers. I did see a FF on cantilever Avons...

Chris, PM me any PM's you get
    Thanks for the info Eric. Avon's on George and Joey's car? Hmm, yet another variable (tire) to possibly consider (buy/test)...

As for PM's, I will say that the general impression from those who have privately responded is that the new A2500 is "more precise" which I take to mean it has more lateral grip (if that's the right term).
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 20

Avons on Dave Bowles car.

I'd be interested in the chassis changes required to make the new tires work, or does the balance not change between old and new?

Default Balance...

Quote Originally Posted by ewcmr2 View Post
    Avons on Dave Bowles car.

I'd be interested in the chassis changes required to make the new tires work, or does the balance not change between old and new?
    Ah, Bowles on the Avon's. Thanks for the clarification.

As for balance/set-up changes with the new A2500, that's real the question. In the FM thread on the subject, there are set-up changes but I believe that is due (mainly?) from switch from Goodyear to Hoosier (i.e. to account of sizing / compound).

If the last Hoosier compound change is any guide (i.e when the C2500 was first introduced), I made very minor changes (i.e. no major spring, bar, alignment / just tweeked bias / rear bar settings). Who knows this time around...
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 3

We were on the A2500. We both thought the car felt great on the new tires, but can't draw a direct comparison due to several changes in set-up.

During the rebuild I discovered several suspension issues that have been addressed. I also replaced the shocks. First time out with the new set-up was in San Diego. Same tires were used at El Toro. We had ride height issues at both venues so I have no idea where the car ended up set-up wise. Shock settings were a guess in both instances. We haven't had an opportunity to "play" with anything yet.

Dave Bowles said he really liked the Avons. Unless they are proven faster than the new Hoosiers, I'll stick with the guys who are supporting the sport with contingencies.

Although we look slow compared to KJ and Jeff, I'm encouraged. Looking forward to Crow''s Landing to see if we can't cut or eliminate that gap. By that time, Eric and Jon will have also joined the party along with some competition from the bay area. Should be fun.

Default A2500 Feedback...

Thanks for the A2500 feedback George!

We are currently using up C2500's from last year’s Nationals and have one new set of C2500's (NickM contingency for the CM win) that, given the number of events we are running, would just get us through until this year’s Nationals. Time to reconsider our tire allocation to enable us to try the A2500 prior to Nationals...

Oh, I cannot say with absolute certainty, but I am pretty sure that 9 of 11 drivers at this past weekend Wilmington Match Tour were running C2500's (i.e. no one on A2500's). The 2 SoloVee drivers were Avon's but were working on set up after running Goodyear R100's last year (i.e. they did not offer feedback on how the Avon's worked)...

Take care,
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 80

So I just ran the AVON bias tires and my point of view

#1 the tire don't last very long but could be the way I'm driving (more sliding and the surface, Crows Landing)

#2 60+ runs and I hear the Hoosier can do 100+

My feeling is right now is the AVON's are a great tire for 70 degree weather and below and the Hoosiers for everything else.

I'm sure you all know but this tire would hide a lot of your handling problem until they started to wear, so get your CM car to work with Hoosier first then put the AVON and make small adjustments to optimize the AVON's put the Hoosiers on get a base line and then retest with the AVON's on.

My .02 Ben

Liked: 74

Thanks for the info Ben!! What compound were the Avons you tried? Sounds like A15... What about sizes?

My 2 cents on Hoosier wear: There's plenty of rubber for 100 runs but they always seem to heat-cycle out before that. My last set had ~60 runs and a dozen heat cycles and I thought they were pretty awful.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ott View Post
    Thanks for the info Ben!! What compound were the Avons you tried? Sounds like A15... What about sizes?

My 2 cents on Hoosier wear: There's plenty of rubber for 100 runs but they always seem to heat-cycle out before that. My last set had ~60 runs and a dozen heat cycles and I thought they were pretty awful.

Barry
    Barry,

For one you all did great Drives at the National very fun to watch from back home and what happen on day one I ! call it as "**** happens." I had it happen to me hit back on day one and went out on day 2 with the fastest time (DSP 2002). Barry I have you down for 3rd on your day 2 best time added together.

Yes Barry A15's and the front were a little smaller then the Hoosiers and that could come into play if you like a lot of push/under steer in your car, the rears are the same size.

Ben

Liked: 74

Quote Originally Posted by brncaprixr4ti View Post
    Barry,

For one you all did great Drives at the National very fun to watch from back home and what happen on day one I ! call it as "**** happens." I had it happen to me hit back on day one and went out on day 2 with the fastest time (DSP 2002). Barry I have you down for 3rd on your day 2 best time added together.

Yes Barry A15's and the front were a little smaller then the Hoosiers and that could come into play if you like a lot of push/under steer in your car, the rears are the same size.

Ben
    Great info again, thanks!

I hope it looked fun enough to get you back to Lincoln next year!

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ott View Post
    Great info again, thanks!

I hope it looked fun enough to get you back to Lincoln next year!

Barry
    I will be..I will be...

Ben

Thread Information