Thread: Thank You

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 653

Default Thank You

I just wanted to say a special thank you to my team and others in the paddock after a particularly tough weekend on track in Pittsburgh.

We had major issues Saturday as a car litterly flew over another car into the back of my 1600 in race one and causing major damage to our car taking us and others out of the race. My team worked until after 11 PM and many hours the next morning to get us back on track and had a successful Sunday races. We finished off 5th in the final race within a few one hundredths of 3rd after a hard fought race.

In Sunday's 2000 qualifying I was not able to finish as the differential let go. With limited time and limited availability of parts it was going to be very tough to get back out again and I thought we were done for the weekend. Others in the paddock were able to lend spares and the team worked their asses off to get the car back together. We were back together with just under 5 mins prior to the grid. We were able to finish 2nd overall after a sixth place start.

There was no way I was getting back on track for either race if it wasn't for the never say quit attitude of the entire team and FRP paddock of other teams willing to help us.

Thank you to Andrew, Carlos, Chris, Eric, Greg & Mark. Also Citation (aka Brandon & Wren), Pole Star, Primus and Pelfrey who help greatly with needed parts and thank you to others I have possibly missed.
    Steve Bamford

Contributing Member
    Liked: 29

I think we were all very pleased to see Steve B out there Sunday at the front of both packs after it rained 1600 cars on his head Saturday.

We had a similar experience on Saturday night with what turned out to be a bad clutch. We would have been headed home except for people pitching in to help with parts and wisdom. Phil from Momentum and Greg Rice were huge. They were both at the track late night working hard to get their cars ready but took the time to help us out. Primus helped with parts. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone but every single person we talked to that evening made a sincere effort to help.

Lenny, Jim, Alexander and I were there until 1:30am but we made the 8 am qualy on Sunday and yours truly had a fun session.

This FRP series has the best paddock I have been around.

Steve J

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4368

Sometimes I wonder why we carry so much crap in our two little trailers (relatively speaking) but Pitt showed why we don't leave seemingly surplus parts at home. A used clutch got Steve J back on track for Sunday, and a used R&P&diff got us out for Sunday's race. Great work by the crew to turn the Citation around between Q2 and Race2, after a rough overnight session with the Mygale.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    Retirement Sale NOW, Everything must go!

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information