Liked: 31

For Sale SoloVee, parts car, or ambitious Vintage project

I just don't have the time or resources to spend with this car, so it needs to go.

The little background as I know it (nothing to back up, so take it for what it is worth): Car was built in 1968 by home-builder Ed McIntosh near Indianapolis. The car bears roll bar number 13-130, so someone with connections to Indianapolis region might be able to support that claim. There are no logbooks. The hand formed aluminum body was orange when I received it.

The car was found in pieces, and I reassembled it for autocross use. It's not the prettiest, but it works and is lots of fun.

Major highlights:
    1641cc dual port engine. Stock internals except:
    lightened 6v flywheel
    MSD ignition/distributor
    slip in sump baffle
    Stock solex 34pict carb
    36HP style shroud and 12v generator, working
    6v starter
    Engine fires immediately and idles just like a good VW engine.

13X6 steel wheels, wide 5 vw. r25B formula ford slicks, no tread depth remaining
    Also 4 good year rain tires, cracked but useable, on aftermarket vee wheels.

Front beam with stock beetle shocks, factory drums, 1 spring pack, 1 internal roll bar (diameter un measured)

Rear shocks koni housings, valved to match vintage konis that came on car. (cant remember number) (new approx 5 years ago)

Transmission works good, unknown gear ratios.

original fiberglass/aluminum fuel tank/seat included, leaks due to pump gas. car not designed for/never had a fuel cell. Never had fire extinguisher either.
    No transponder.

belts out of date, hardware has some corrosion

Chassis was modified at some point to accept dual port engine, see photos. Front steering support also raised as shown.

Car has surface rust from sitting on dirt floor, no major rust.

Also included but not shown original engine cover and driver surround. Otherwise what you see is what you get.

Car is in western PA, just south of Erie. 2 hrs north of Pittsburgh.

Sell whole car for $2,000.00 Would consider parting for reasonable offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken Hoovler

Default more photos

more photos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken Hoovler

Liked: 1

i'll buy 815 521 9604

Car is sold pending payment
    Ken Hoovler