Liked: 6

Default Rust-oleum truck bed liner on trailer floor

I'm looking at trying this in my enclosed trailer?
    Does anyone have any experience with it on wood?

Thanks
    Geoff

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Re: Rust-oleum truck bed liner on trailer floor

It'll work & they now have very durable deck coatings, as well. Comes in a multitude of colors. Check with the Rustoleom website. ...
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 151

Default trailer ramp doors

I used Rustoleum Restore on my deck this summer. It requires a two coat application with their roller. After falling once on a wet oiled ramp door I know this can land you in the hospital. This stuff would provides a great safety factor when you walk up and down a wood ramp door.

They usually have a display of it at Home Depots

Liked: 20

I would not bother with putting anything on the floor except coin flooring. It's pretty cheap and easy to put down 1 single piece glue down and done. If you want to go really cheap and it's still not that cheap buy a high gloss floor deck paint and just paint it and add some sand. I did a ton of research before I did mine and I'm glad I went the coin flooring route. Home depot sells G-Flooring coin garage floor in a number of different sizes. I ordered online and shipping was pretty cheap and I picked up the glue local. Took about 2 hours and it was done and it was my first time putting this type of glue down floor.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...#/?c=1&ank=ank

home depot also sells this very thick deck restore coating that's made for wood but again I went with the single piece of coin and it was not that much more and it will give the tailer better resale I believe.
    Mark Filip

Liked: 0

Hmm good idea, been thinking of redoing the floor in my trailer and hate the glare off the diamond plate on the ramp and it gets slick when wet the diamond plate the original owner screwed down is starting to show its age and the screws are slowly wallowing out the holes so time for new.

Quote Originally Posted by fvracer27 View Post
    I would not bother with putting anything on the floor except coin flooring. It's pretty cheap and easy to put down 1 single piece glue down and done. If you want to go really cheap and it's still not that cheap buy a high gloss floor deck paint and just paint it and add some sand. I did a ton of research before I did mine and I'm glad I went the coin flooring route. Home depot sells G-Flooring coin garage floor in a number of different sizes. I ordered online and shipping was pretty cheap and I picked up the glue local. Took about 2 hours and it was done and it was my first time putting this type of glue down floor.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...#/?c=1&ank=ank

home depot also sells this very thick deck restore coating that's made for wood but again I went with the single piece of coin and it was not that much more and it will give the tailer better resale I believe.
    Good theory but in my (admittedly limited) experience that rubber coin flooring doesn't hold up well if at all to hot race tires running across them and very quickly get ripped up by the tires.
    CDR T&S (Road Racing) "Screw politics lets race"
    '84 Mazda RX7 S7 #30 "The Famine Car" aka "The Vampire car"
    '97 Mazda Miata "Baby Cop Car" ES #30
    Help stop world hunger

Liked: 20

Good theory but in my (admittedly limited) experience that rubber coin flooring doesn't hold up well if at all to hot race tires running across them and very quickly get ripped up by the tires.
    Don't drive in the trailer with hot tires
    Mark Filip

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 232

Default Two (2) products ........

For my trailer I used the "Coin" floor (see above) with the dedicated/suggested adhesive

For the trailer ramp - I used the following (the "flat ribbed") from McMasterCarr

Round- and Flat-Rib Antislip Traction Mats

Vinyl Round Rib

Rubber Flat Rib

Round- and flat-rib mats are easier to clean than V-rib mats, yet still give you sure footing while scraping dirt off your shoes. Ribs run lengthwise. For indoor and outdoor use. Color is black.
    Vinyl Round-Rib Mats—Resist grease and chemicals.
    Rubber Flat-Rib Mats—More durable with greater slip and abrasion resistance than the vinyl mats. They absorb shock, resist impact, and remain flexible at low temperatures.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Re: Rust-oleum truck bed liner on trailer floor

:thumbup:
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 0

Default Epoxy

I just did my wood enclosed floor with Rustoleum garage floor epoxy plus sand. Sanded it with 60 grit first then rolled it on super easy. So far so good. I've read several posts online with great results. We will see.

Liked: 79

Default Is it this Rustoleum coating used fro trailer floors?

Says that it is for concrete, just want to make sure it is comparable with a wood floor.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Paint/N-5...tialmax&NCNI-5
    Last edited by Bob Coury; 07.03.15 at 10:12 PM.

Liked: 79

Default Rustoleum Garage Floor Epoxy

I spoke to a company rep today-he cautioned that using this on a trailer floor may result in the finish cracking of the floor begins to flex. The have seen it used before-just a little CYA I guess.

The rep also recommended instead using a good oil base floor paint, but if I really wanted to use there epoxy to stick with the Professional solvent base kit # 238467 instead of the water based epoxy.

Thread Information