Liked: 67

Default Womer for sale in PA on craigslist no price listed(NOT MINE)

It looks pretty good from the pics hopefully someone will get it for cheap and come race with us in NEW ENGLAND!

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/5053245685.html

Liked: 174

Ed,

Is this indeed one of your cars??

Mark

Liked: 11

Interesting...gives address but no price?

Liked: 23

Yes, this is a Womer. The first Womer. The last 15 years it was owned by a Hillclimb guy. He ran then he moved to a Formula Ford. It was sold early this year and the current owner is looking to sell it. I'm in the selling mod at this time of my life otherwise I'd add it to my Womer collection.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

THIS IS A REAL RACE CAR NOT A TOY ..built by wormer in the 1980s its the first one built and the only one left
    Oh really??? Where do people come up with this stuff?
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

What is it worth?

Liked: 13

Default Womer

Yeah, I am the hillclimb guy that owned it. Traded it for a clean CBR600f2. It has an Autowerks engine and a well used Roxanne header. I know that he polished it, went thru the brakes and wiring, got the car running. Most likely will need finishing like tires and belts.

As far as the only one built, the ad isn't lying too much; it is the only EV-1 in the world. LOL!

Rich

ps Thanks, Hugh for reminding me that I have a formula ford! Explain to me why I running a 600cc micro sprint in hillclimbs?

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4363

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    Oh really??? Where do people come up with this stuff?
    "And don't bother sending me texts or emails. No Questions. Just come over and buy it".

It was a pretty car, originally with aluminum bodywork resembling a Z-16 FF.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Is it stockother then the zero roll?

Liked: 13

Rossman, it has a 1200 and zero roll. Too new for vintage. I paid $3000 for it in 2000.

Liked: 300

Yes I did only make one EV-1 which was original started by some one else and he built it to fit I think a Z-12 bodywork and I was having trouble fitting the bodywork so actually made the body out of thin aluminum and did use the fiberglass nose. The car did have D-13 zero roll and was pretty good and I won the MARRS championship in 1987 with it. I sold the car to Rick Rizer who then sold it to I think Ralph Minnoto who redid the chassis and bodywork. So it should have a log book that says it is a Womer.

I did only make one EV-1 and designed and built a new car the EV-2 which I raced for a couple off years and then built the EV-3 which I have made 17 of so far. I still have the only EV-2 and the first EV-3 and both would need new roll bars to be SCCA legal since the club decided in I think 1997 to raise the minimum tubing size for light formula cars from 1 1/4" to 1 3/8".

I still will make EV-3's if anyone wants them but only after someone orders a car. My personal car that I sold to Kevin Devey in Canada is for sale and Kevin did an awesome job when he repainted the car and it looks great and I don't understand why someone hasn't bought it from him.

Ed

13. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 18

Thanks for the plug Ed.
    Its awesome to have a builder on this forum.

FWIW- The EV-3 is a really clever design. Decently roomy, and still presents a small profile to the wind. Engine and oil cooling is really good...in fact I find I have to tape up the intake to get the oil up to a decent temp.
    My car has been updated way beyond just the paint, the good stuff hasn't changed (Penske's, Autowerks engine, etc.). I just took some weight out of it, new wiring, carbon dodads here and there.

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by pahillclimber View Post
    Yeah, I am the hillclimb guy that owned it. Traded it for a clean CBR600f2. It has an Autowerks engine and a well used Roxanne header. I know that he polished it, went thru the brakes and wiring, got the car running. Most likely will need finishing like tires and belts.

As far as the only one built, the ad isn't lying too much; it is the only EV-1 in the world. LOL!

Rich

ps Thanks, Hugh for reminding me that I have a formula ford! Explain to me why I running a 600cc micro sprint in hillclimbs?
    So Rich, Why are you running a CRB600f2?????????????
    Did you finish the Ford? I'll trade you a Womer EV-3 for the Ford! LOL

Ed,

Out of curiosity...what's an EV3 cost?

I would have interest in this EV1 for solo events to start. Can anyone advise how the overall conotion appears? Is the chassis stock or has it been cut on? I have my Auto Dynamics still but know the chassis work will be my hang up.

A complete kit is $6800 and includes everything that I make for the car. You will still need all of the VW stuff as well as fuel cell, fire system, brake stuff etc. but I do supply all of the hardware to assemble the car. I stopped making exhaust systems so you will also need that as well unless I decide to make them again but I need to finish setting up my shop from my move back to PA before I think about do anything like that.

If you pay any attention to vee racing you should know that there is very little difference among most modern chassis other than personal preferences that a driver would want. So choosing a car is really just a matter of personal choice not any real advantages between cars.

Thanks for the nice comments Kevin!

Ed

Liked: 22

Ed's cars are amazing...

The EV-3 Womer is a great Vee if not one of the BEST all around VEEs for a typical guy!

The Vortecos, Protoformo & speedsports are great, but not for the average BIG driver/guy who likes pasta donuts and is over 5'8" etc. Sure if your lucky to be under 5'7" and live for Vee racing, Vor's, speeds and Protos might get you in front, but not if you're over 6" and 200 lbs. Bah Bah Bah... I'm captain slow and proud of it, the guy that I sold my EV-3 Womer to was the New England Camp the first Year he raced the car!

I've driven a Caracal D, a Lynx, D-13, Autodynamics, Protoform, and a Womer,,,

WOMER was the best, fastest vee I've driven.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42750

20. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thanks Veefan!

Ed

Liked: 115

Ed,

You should buy the car so when the Womer Museum opens you'll have all three designs for display..

just sayin...

23. The following members LIKED this post:

Not a pasta & donut lover (Potato and beer for me, (I'm Irish you know) but I am rather large. This is the only Vee I can say I fit with no problem. I also have 13 wide shoes and in the Womer I can move my feet and not hit all three pedels at once. I do love my Womer!

Quote Originally Posted by veefan View Post
    Ed's cars are amazing...

The EV-3 Womer is a great Vee if not one of the BEST all around VEEs for a typical guy!

The Vortecos, Protoformo & speedsports are great, but not for the average BIG driver/guy who likes pasta donuts and is over 5'8" etc. Sure if your lucky to be under 5'7" and live for Vee racing, Vor's, speeds and Protos might get you in front, but not if you're over 6" and 200 lbs. Bah Bah Bah... I'm captain slow and proud of it, the guy that I sold my EV-3 Womer to was the New England Camp the first Year he raced the car!

I've driven a Caracal D, a Lynx, D-13, Autodynamics, Protoform, and a Womer,,,

WOMER was the best, fastest vee I've driven.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42750

Liked: 200

Quote Originally Posted by grapefarmeral View Post
    Ed,

You should buy the car so when the Womer Museum opens you'll have all three designs for display..

just sayin...
    You're going to need to buy your old car off Kevin for the museum as well!
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Liked: 18

I'm not sellin' if it goes to a museum.
    It needs to be on the track...lol

Al,

I don't think three cars would make a museum, besides it has been changed and doesn't look like it did when I owned it.

Hughie, thanks for the good words, you have always been a great spokesperson for my cars!

Kevin, not to worry I have no plans to buy your car, I can always make another one. Still can't believe your car hasn't sold.

Ed

Thread Information