Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member Ty_Handke_83's Avatar
    Liked: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bamford View Post

As for three we are talking about 1 second slower which would be very hard to argue.

Also the pit stop was 4.1 seconds verses the typical sub 3 second so that also hurt Hamilton.
    Agreed. But how do you hold a guy up a precise amount of time, and not risk losing out yourself too. They had no idea how long the stop would turn out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Handke_83 View Post
    ... (he was also held in his box for a split second extra as a Williams car was on pit road as well) which probably cost him the spot to Vettel.
    As I stated earlier, Lewis was held in the box while another car (Bottas?) came into the pits behind him
    Ty Handke

HMST Inc.

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Quote Originally Posted by dalz View Post
    Husband #2 is songsmith legend David Foster. Frightening that Mom is one of the saner Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. You'd think that Foster woulda wised up after surviving Bruce Jenner ex Linda Thompson, and trying to bring stability to her glamourpuss spawn Brody Jenner. GEEZ I rot my brain on way too much Bravo network....
    Foster isn't husband #2 - its like #3 or 4.
    Hadid was #2 or 3. She has older children from previous marriages before Gigi.

Liked: 896

Lewis deserved the win but the team simply F**ked up. They will think better next time as I am sure they are good enough to learn from their mistakes.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Classifieds Super License dsmithwc04's Avatar
    Liked: 178

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBudgetRacing View Post
    Foster isn't husband #2 - its like #3 or 4.
    Hadid was #2 or 3. She has older children from previous marriages before Gigi.
    Apex friends don't let other Apex friends watch TLC.

Somebody is going to have to start pulling "Man Cards" here pretty soon.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

5. The following 3 users liked this post:

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Agree about the TLC and Housewives' series.....however, it seems that Beer Budget Racing is from Goleta (Santa Barbara) and so is Gigi (Montecito)...the fact that they were in the same circles (equestrian) leads me to believe he gathered his intel from those circles not TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    Agree about the TLC and Housewives' series.....however, it seems that Beer Budget Racing is from Goleta (Santa Barbara) and so is Gigi (Montecito)...the fact that they were in the same circles (equestrian) leads me to believe he gathered his intel from those circles not TLC.
    Ha, good point. My apologies BBR, your Man Card is now secure.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post

Info NOT from TLC. Info from being around them people.

The horse show world is full of fake this and that. Glad I'm out of it...

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 238

I'm not a Vettel fan but he gave me a big laugh at the end of the podium interview.

After Hamilton had spoken, in very sad tones of course, and then Rosberg said something with a nod toward Hamilton, the interview ended. But Vettel walked back to the interviewer and stuck his face into the camera saying, " *I'm* happy". All with a huge goofy grin on his face.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Liked: 146

[QUOTE=Steve Bamford;473269]
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post

I fixed my furnace and my garage door myself this winter. Automatic 6mo. exemption. You couldn't pull my man card if I hosted a Pampered Chef party wearing pink yoga pants, beyotches....
    Dale V.
    Lake Effect Motorsports
    FM
    Spartan VP-2/Mazda

13. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 679

I don't follow the Hamilton's-trip-to-his-next-championship "drama", but it seems to me that before the contact last year, Nico could keep up with, and beat Ham, on a regular basis. After the contact, he's been mostly nowhere. I turned on for lab ?40? and found the expected; Ham "meeting target lap times", Nico well back, protecting his rear, holding a margin for pit-lane screw ups,and so I shut it off. After seeing this thread, I watched the last few laps. This seems to be a screw up initiated by Ham, who thought Nico and Vettle had pitted. No way they/he purposely let Nico win [I expect contractually-mandated "brake lockups" if Nico gets ahead again, until Ham can pass him and "make-up" the loss, as was done last year.] Certainly no way they wanted to give Vettle a spot. While I think Mercedes has paid Nico well to accept second-driver status, and much of this is manipulated for show, I doubt this was anything more than a miscalculation on Hamilton and his team's part.

And now I know way too much about bimbos on bravo.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Info NOT from TLC. Info from being around them people.

The horse show world is full of fake this and that. Glad I'm out of it...

[QUOTE=dalz;473430]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bamford View Post
    I fixed my furnace and my garage door myself this winter. Automatic 6mo. exemption. You couldn't pull my man card if I hosted a Pampered Chef party wearing pink yoga pants, beyotches....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garry View Post
    I'm not a Vettel fan but he gave me a big laugh at the end of the podium interview.

After Hamilton had spoken, in very sad tones of course, and then Rosberg said something with a nod toward Hamilton, the interview ended. But Vettel walked back to the interviewer and stuck his face into the camera saying, " *I'm* happy". All with a huge goofy grin on his face.
    Vettel seems to be taking the winning-losing part not so serious - and I think a good side of him is coming out. Probably maturity. He's learning to take the small victories.

It seems his goal this year is to screw around with Hamilton's head too.

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1417

Vettel seems to be taking the winning-losing part not so serious - and I think a good side of him is coming out. Probably maturity. He's learning to take the small victories.

It seems his goal this year is to screw around with Hamilton's head too.

Nah, he's still an abysmal sore loser, too. They all are.

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    Nah, he's still an abysmal sore loser, too. They all are.
    You had better be a sore loser if you want to be a winner.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

20. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Default That was a riot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garry View Post
    I'm not a Vettel fan but he gave me a big laugh at the end of the podium interview...Vettel walked back to the interviewer and stuck his face into the camera saying, " *I'm* happy". All with a huge goofy grin on his face.
    That was fricken' hysterical.

Grainy footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKxdd1IkVlM

After stating he was happy, he should have then done that old-fashioned tap-dancing routine to 'exit' the camera shot.

Liked: 9

Default Merc's error; it's complicated

Hamo's engineer or strategist bears the brunt of the criticism, but other things came together for the worst possible result.

1. Hamo played a part: He didn't really need to pit and had it handled up but he worried about others pitting and getting him on new tires. So he contributed to if not set up the new tire plan to start with.
    2. The lead was more than enough for the plan to work under green flag conditions but Hamo lost a 9 sec. in Sector 2 alone under the VSC/FCY. His engineer/strategist failed to recognize that, the fatal mistake.
    3. Murphy's law helped; The pit stop took an extra 1+ seconds with Nasr going by in pit lane. That was unforeseen.

Overall though, I have to wonder about Hamo's team; things like the radio guy who has to be reminded to not talk to the Lewis when he's in the busy complex sectors of the track. He's done that to Hamo at least twice this season. That's a rookie club level mistake.

At the end of the season, I don't think this will make a big difference. Hamo seems to have the measure of Nico so chances are good this debacle will be forgotten.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information