Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 0

Thanks for all the great leads - if anyone has any advice on what to avoid in terms of suits let me know, I seem to be looking at inexpensive Sparko suits . If you know of features that you found to be great in a suit does, gloves I open to all points of view.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Talk with Keith at racing-stuff.com

He can get you a custom suit that offers real protection at a good price.

The inexpensive suits onky provide a few seconds of real protection.
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 304

Jim has a medium Simpson SFI5 rated suit listed, on sale at $195

Pretty good price on a quality suit.

scroll down to firesuits:

http://www.sracing.com/fire_sale.htm

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default Inexpensive driver suits

If you have ever spent any time on a plastic surgery ward in a hospitable and few of us [fortunately] have not. You would soon come across a burn victim trying to survive the tortures and ravages of septicemia...blood poisoning and eventual scaring. The result of being in a fire. With a drivers suit you are trying to buy time. The few more seconds spent in or directly exposed to a fire, the more likely you will become a burn victim. Don't skimp or cheat yourself buying an inexpensive single layer suit.

Liked: 67

I bought a suit from http://www.raceimage.com/ and it is top notch! Great high end suits at low prices. Even if your not fast you can look like a pro =P
    Follow there fitting guide and the suit will fit like a glove I know from personal experience. It took a little while for one to pop up that I liked and was close enough to my measurements but I was very impressed and would more then likely only buy another suit from them simply because there just about as close to custom fit as you can get if you find one with your measurements.

Liked: 0

Default great leads

The used suits are OK but most of them are 2 pieces and I'm thinking a 1piece may be better from what I read since there is no gap for flames to get in. I think that is going to be my preference. Anyone ever use the inexpensive zamp helmet?. The 2010 models are going for about 170.

Liked: 304

keep looking, plenty of one piece available - just have to wait for them to put up another batch.

Hans just listed : http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...140#post464140

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information