Thread: 2005 banshee

Liked: 13

Default 2005 banshee

This formula racecar is a GREAT racecar for Auto-X or hill climbs it is also a legal FRCCA wheel to wheel racer. Let us know which series you choose and we will install the proper transmission. Air-Cooled with 112 horsepower, lightweight alloy rims. lightened hubs,braided brake lines, removable steering wheel. Driver fitting is easily done with seat and pedal mounts; seat has 5 slots, pedal assembly mounts in 2 positions and each pedal pad has 1 3/4 inch of adjustment. This Bansee is located indoors at Hagerstown, MD COST is $8,000.00 all 914-576-1916 or PM.

Default Banshee Pictures

Attached are 2 photos of this Silver Banshee.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 9

Nice looking car, good price. You posted this in autox. What class do you think it would run in? Probably need more info than just HP, like some measurements and weight.
    Mark
    1990 Van Diemen, the Racing Machine, CM AutoX, 2016 Frontier
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

Mark; The Banshee weight is 910 pounds (No fuel). The easiest way to explain the chassis is that is like F/Ford except with an air-cooled engine. It still has the cooling and charging systems. The engine and lack of radiators allowed the chassis tubes to be increased in strenght. I have no idea of what class this racecar qualifies for. In the FRCCA it races against their Club Ford class quite well.

Liked: 310

It can be in AM, of course. The car appears to have a dual port engine which means it is at least 1600cc. Under 1615cc two valve engines must weight 1110 lbs with driver to be in BM. If the engine is larger, it must weigh 1285 with driver. Obviously, it will be at a huge disadvantage with no areo and a poor power to weight ratio. It would be a lot of fun to drive, though.

Liked: 18

I raced this Banshee in the FRCCA several years ago; it has more torque then the F/Fords and after the race I weighed in at 1140 pounds. It is dual ports and is about 1600 CC's. A legal racecar against the 1600 F/F's

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

SEARCH Banshee here in Apex

interesting car

looks like a great (FF types) grid filler

as "legitimate" as a FFit

Default get ready for your racing

This Silver Banshee is set for the 2015 season, just let me know what trans ratios you want.

Thread Information