Liked: 64

Default MC Formula Car - SOLD

I've been acquiring and accumulating parts/pieces for a possible build but no longer have the time to complete it. I planned to build a solo/hillclimb and trackday car as either an FS, sports racer(add a body),A-Mod or Specials hillclimb toy.

- The chassis is a Formula Renault 1600 that was purchased as a "roller" with no engine or transaxle. From the information that I've been able to find, it the same thing as a 1993 Euro Swift Formula Continental at least from the rollbar forward and possible the entire chassis including the rear suspension. It seems like a prefect chassis to convert to motorcycle power since all of the suspension has been engineered and there really isn't any further R&D needed to get it running. Other than a few odd nuts and bolts its complete.

Link to pictures of the chassis:
    http://s31.photobucket.com/user/w650...?sort=6&page=1

- The chain drive unit is an original LeGrand piece that I purchased from Per Schroeder many years ago when he did the extensive rebuild on his B-Mod auto-x car. I had the unit completely rebuilt with new bearings, seals, center pre-load spacer, caliper rebuild and shims. I actually have 2 of these units because the original one had a cracked center spool piece(fabricated VW piece).

Link to pictures of the LeGrand drive units.

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/w650...?sort=6&page=1

Finally is the engine. I purchased a Kawasaki ZX-12(bored to 1280cc's) with ALOT of headwork, Carillo rods, special grind cams....I was told that the motor was an absolute BEAST and outlawed at this home track... It hasn't been dyno'd but I've been told it puts out 200+hp...The motor came from a circle track Dwarf car and when the local tracks went to a 1000cc rule, he could no longer run the motor... The motor has 12-15 races on it... The kit includes the engine with a cut oil pan, Hawk adapter, wiring harness, ECU, DYNA ignition, Power Commander, throttle bodies and header.

Located in Northeast PA.

$6000 takes everything. Will not separate, I just need this project out of the shop, no time in life to get to it.

********** EDIT **********

After several inquiries I went ahead and weighed the chassis just as it is seen in the photos. I didn't use the most accurate scales, I used an old set of karting scales and got a total weight of 433 pounds. Should be darn close and good enough for consideration.

The drive unit and mounting bracket weigh 27 pounds.

Total 460 pounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 01.22.15 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Added weights
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

To add a few dimensions.

Front track width 68".
    Rear track width 68-3/4".
    Wheelbase 92".

Engine bay dimensions.
    Rear of roll hoop to engine plate 24-3/8"(length).
    Width behind roll hoop 20-5/8"(front width).
    Width at engine plate 18"(rear width).

I'm sure that the motor could easily be sold back to a circle track "dwarf car" racer where it came from(www.dwarfcarracing.com). It is supposed to be an extremely strong runner and since its a complete "car kit", should fetch a good buck. I would guess in the neighborhood of $2000+/-.

I've also acquired a carbon fiber rear diffuser that needs a bit of repair that I will include as well as a set of GoodYear Formula Mazda tires. I will get pictures tomorrow.
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

Looks like I have someone interested in just the engine package, so I'm offering everything else for $4800. Add a 1000cc motor and build an inexpensive F1000 or find a Hayabusa or
    ZX-14 and build a fast FS car.
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

**** price update ****

I am lowering the price to $5500 for everything,

OR

I will sell just the chassis and drive units(no motor) for $4500,

OR

I will sell just the rolling chassis for $4000.
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

Liked: 0

Default car

Dan can you give me a call or leave a number may be interested.

*** SOLD ***
    Dan Lipperini Jr

www.RaceLabz.com

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 295

Congratulations!

Thread Information