Liked: 1

Default Bunce Heads/Ralt American Heads

Could anyone on the forum give me any information on Bunce Heads and Ralt American Heads? I did a "Google Search" for" Bunce" and found a little information that was with a Toyota Formula Atlantic head listed for sale. Did "Ralt" do their own cylinder heads? Looking at Super Vee applications. Is "Bunce" still in business? Thanks for any input. Jerry

Liked: 553

I remember "Ralt America" was one of the front running teams in the (1985?) Formula Supervee pro series. Almost everyone was running Ralt RT-5's that year.

For one race (Meadowlands, with CART) I crewed (well, gofer'd) for a FSV team and they sent me over to the Ralt America team trailer to get some parts.

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

Ralt American were the west coast arm of Ralt; they ran cars as Russ mentioned and had an engine shop in house. They did both Super Vee motors and Atlantic stuff. They closed their doors in the late 80's.

Wilbur Bunce was a big name in SV as well. Don't know if he's still around though. Did a quick forum search and came up with this from a few years back: http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43459

HTH-
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

Liked: 5

Default FSV Heads

Jerry,

Ther is an engine builder in West Chester,Pa.-Ron Whitney-who built air cooled SV engines in the 70's and then watercooled later on. He and his son have built several engines for me and they are first class.

Ted K. greyeagles@msn.com
    1970 Caldwell D10 FSV-air cooled Type 1
    1978 Wheeler FSV-watercooled Rabbit

Liked: 30

Jerry,
    Contact Skip Weld, hes on the forum here and was a regular in the supervee series. He may have some info.

Liked: 229

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post

For one race (Meadowlands, with CART) I crewed (well, gofer'd) for a FSV team and they sent me over to the Ralt America team trailer to get some parts.
    Who were you working for? I was running Hank Chapman.

Liked: 13

Default Ralt America Heads

The Ralt America SV heads were prepared by John Judd

John, (not Judd)

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by teamwisconsin View Post
    Ralt American were the west coast arm of Ralt; they ran cars as Russ mentioned and had an engine shop in house. They did both Super Vee motors and Atlantic stuff. They closed their doors in the late 80's.
    "Ralt America" were still active in the Kool-Toyota Atlantic Championship in the last 90's. IIFC, Brian Robertson was the owner. I remember them because I used to buy RT-41 parts from them at the races as late as the '98 season. I believe they ceased operations after the '99 season, because I recall getting a call from them offering a semi-load of RT-41 parts for a ridiculously low price.

I wish I'd bought it...
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 1881

To find Wilbur Bunce, see this thread, last entry:

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43459

Thread Information