Liked: 447

Just thought I'd ask before buying a new one. I'm looking for a new or slightly used (no scratches or rock mark imperfections) dark smoked or iridium FOG-free face shield for a Bell M3.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 1417

Uhhh, dude, call me tonight.

Don't you roll your eyes at me Mr. Man! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

...like I know your entire inventory of racing crap!

Call you later.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 709

Should the rest of leave for a bit?

Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 0

You see. This is one of the reasons I come here

Hey, (stealing this thread)...... Whatever happened to the idea of an f2000.com race weekend somewhere next season??

Of course, we would all have to register anon because I don't think any region that monitors this site would want the responsibility of having this many quirks in the same paddock, let alone on course together
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Ummmmm, I may have found one...

We're still planning on an Apexspeed.com Meet and Greet event next season. I think once we get ahold of next season's schedule, we're going to vote on when and where we're going to meet up. It will most likely be a Mid-Ohio Regional event. The two events that come to mind to choose between are the one in early July and the one in early October. We'll wait for a schedule before voting on it though. It's going to be a great event!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 3787

Make it M-O before the Runoffs so I can learn the track for the Runoffs.

Wouldn't it be more exciting to go to the Runoffs without knowing the track at all, Frog? It's your usual 'go fast, turn this way, go fast, turn this way' kind of layout.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 4

I just ruined my Chrome Iridiumn Blue helmet Shield. The cause? Rain-X. You can't use it on these shields.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Wow! VERY good to know in case I ever use one. Does it say not to use it anywhere? Any warning tags or anything? I'm very surprised by this.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 4

There is a sheet shipped with the shield to not use any chemicial cleaners on the outside.

It was raining, I had rain-x, I applied it. Visor is blotchy, $90 wasted...

These visors are great for glare reduction... and can run it almost under all conditions. I may switch over to high res amber for those low lighting conditions.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Keith,

We use only fantastic to clean ours & it seems to work pretty good.

Also, You should ALWAYS have a tear off on the shield. Try not to pull all of them off during the race & finish with one still installed. They are extremely prone to pitting. Even though we always keep a tear off on it, I still usually go through two a season - they will start to get cloudy from the surface damage in pretty short order.
    Chuck Lessick

ZATgraphics.com
    2006 Top Private Team Cooper Tire Series

Thanks for the tips Chuck. I only started using tear offs last season and my current face shield is the one I've had on my helmet since it was new. It's got so many pits and scratches in it, it's been distracting me in the car. The last time I put my helmet on, I actually thought to myself, "Whoah, this is bad". Since the rules state that my helmet is going to be legal through 2006, I thought I'd get another face shield.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 918

The Frog at the Runoffs.

Now that will be a sight for sore eyes.

Mr. Frog, better come to MO several times if you really want to learn the track. It is like RA used to be before they emasculated it with those silly chicanes and filling in the dip. Seems simple on the surface, but very very subtle to learn well.

The only goal is to not be lapped. And of course, spend as little money as possible. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Maybe at the meet and greet event, I'll actually get to talk with you Steve instead of you driving by in your golf cart and throwing money at me.

To think.... We'd be on the same track at the same time with the one and only Purple Frog!!!

Holy poop!!! I just noticed PF has over 2600 posts!!!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 918

Well I was in a HURRY and the important part got done. The money got thrown.
    Mr. Froggie, I wanna know how you're gonna get the latest purple creation ALLLLL the way to MO from the sunshine state without spending a lot of money.. BTW, what is it's name, don't believe I have seen it.

Kermit gets better mileage than the hauler, so I'm thinking of just driving it up to save money. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Since we have totally hijacked this thread away from talk of expensive wizzy shields... About those 2,649 posts... I want it to be known there are actually 48 of us that sign on as Purple Frog. We monitor the site in shifts. No one of us has more than 30 posts yet. Also none of us talk to each other, so many times we are totally surprised and sometimes shocked by what one of us may have previously posted. And that gray (sometimes purple) haired guy some of you have spotted in various paddocks around the country wearing purple shirts and drinking Rob St. Clair's beer is totally unrelated to the 48 of us that post on this forum.

See what I mean?????

Don't worry, IF we can get the scheduling thing worked out, and there is no real conflict with whatever it is I decide I am going to do for the '05 season .............. I promise I will do whatever I can to be responsible for helping PF make it to an f2000.com meet & greet event.

In fact, I promise that starting this weekend, I will begin collecting dead flies and such just so PF won't have to pay for any meals on the way up!

Besides, why should we hog all of what the Frog has to offer , purple paddock lighting, purple hair, Chartreuse Tatooooos!! We need to turn him looooose on the rest of you

And you all can believe there are 48 of them. I've met them all
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Hummm... With 2649 posts they all must work for the government! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Ever notice that I never post from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. while I'm at work. [img]smile.gif[/img] F2000.com is my day job.

[size="1"][ November 19, 2004, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Purple Frog ][/size]

Liked: 1

If it rains you have to pull all the tear-offs off, the water between the shield and the tear-off makes it very hard to see.
    Also the amber shield is the one to have in rain or overcast conditions.
    I put 3 new tear-offs on each session and fold the end of the first one under so it never gets ripped off and I have one left at the finish.
    But than again I am in the middle to back of the pack where all the oil and water is, so yall up front may only need 1 because there is nobody in front of you?
    Sorry for re-hijacking.
    For new shields call Bell Motersports 510-536-2355
    or at www.pyrotect.com
    And for tear-offs try your local stock car parts shop, for the bell helmets you need the banana type not the straight.

[size="1"][ November 19, 2004, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Mark H ][/size]
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Mark,
    You must have needed 10 tearoffs at the ARRC... driving behind Brian's S.S. Valdez. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Proper tear offs for your helmet are critical. Probably no surprise to most, but Bell helmets have a little concentrically mounted stud that forms one end of the tear off mounts. Designed to be turned after the tear offs are mounted which will stretch them tight over the shield and no water will migrate in. A bit of tape on the bottom of each one (spaced apart, obviously) also helps keep any errant moisture out. For defogging the only answer is the Fog City visor stick-on piece.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Spend the extra cash and get the Bell no-fog shields when you buy them. It is worth not having to deal with FogX and RainX. I did 3 races last year, all in the rain. The shields work.

Good grief, Frog has twice as many posts as I do. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Yikes.

Thread Information