Liked: 39

Default Super Vee for sale - 1979 Autoresearch ground effects

I have an Autoresearch Formula Super Vee, plus a spare tub/chassis, and literally a trailer full of spare parts including suspension, wheels, wings, engine blocks, heads, drilled cranks, cams, springs, uprights, rotors, shocks, etc. There are boxes on top of boxes. The car was raced by Stan Fox in the Bosch Pro Series as the factory backed team car in the early 1980's. Later raced as a Formula Atlantic. Nose and tail bumped and bruised last time out in the late 1990's and parked in a guy's basement and disassembled. Stuck back together to roll into a trailer with the tons of spares (including some 12 mounted Speedline wheels). A prior owner bought out the Autoresearch factory when it closed and got all the spares - most of which seem to be in the trailer. Engine appears to be a 1600 c.c. engine with 42 Webers, and a Hewland Mk.9 gearbox and Tilton clutch. I know nothing about the condition of either except I was told the engine was rebuilt (aren't they all?). The engine was on a stand in the trailer, and is clean with clean gaskets on it, so maybe it was rebuilt, but I'm guessing years ago. So assume the worst and hope for the best. It does turn over. There seem to be a number of used pistons mounted on Carrillo rods in the piles and boxes of stuff too.

This is a major project, but it is a cool car and a great story. David Bruns designed and raced these cars (and did well with them). Don Edmunds built them in So.Cal. Dave McMillan finished 5th in the Bosch Pro Series Championship with the sister car, against Andretti, Unser, Luyendyk, and many other up and comers. I'm hoping someone will take it under their wing and finish putting it back together. I don't have enough time to do it now, and the spares are so many, I've had to park other cars outside just to make room for the Super Vee, the spare chassis, and all the parts. If you have more and time than money, this would be a great project.

Don Edmunds is still around is happy to help out. Mike Alfred, owned this car, and several other of the total of 7 Autoresearch Super Vees as part of a multi-car team that won the Northern Pacific SCCA Formula Atlantic Championship. He is also a great source of knowledge and real helpful.

I have decided to keep both cars. Thank you all for your interest!
    Last edited by ahebert; 01.02.15 at 4:41 PM. Reason: No longer selling car

Liked: 232

Default WOW .........

At that price, there should be many SVRA/HSR/Vintage racers drooling like some Pavlovian dog ..............

Liked: 555

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a rear wing like that.

Liked: 896

What a deal.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    What a deal.
    Imagine the possibilities!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Swift17 View Post
    At that price, there should be many SVRA/HSR/Vintage racers drooling like some Pavlovian dog ..............
    Or,...........looks like an ideal candidate for an engine swap to a modern bike engine for Hill Climb, TT, AutoX.......etc. After selling off all the VW/Hewland eng & tranny parts you'd have enough to purchase a low mileage GSXR or other wrecked sport bike engine kit and chain drive differential. I believe it's been done before.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 69

So much want....thank goodness it's on the "other" coast (and the recent SR purchase doesn't help much).
    Craig Butt

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

CHRISTMAS!...........................color that gone

Liked: 384

Smorgasbord of goodies.
    Very tempting.....
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Default Autoresearch SV

I would be interested in buying the car that you have posted here. Please contact me via the email on my profile or give me a call @ (559) 287-9248.

Tom

Liked: 1

Default Still Available

Is the car still available? Thanks, Ebby

Default Autoresearch Super Vee

UPDATE: The buyer who originally planned to take the car has changed his mind. He would need to haul everything to almost Canada. That plus the size of the project lead him to conclude that it did not make sense for him. So the car is still for sale.

UPDATE #2: It appears the second tub was actually used in competition (heretofore I thought it might have been a spare tub. What it's history is I have no idea, but one of the prior owners may. That's the latest.

UPDATE #3: I sold another car over the weekend, and now have the space to store the Super Vee longer. So I've decided to hang onto it. It's a cool car. Maybe, and hopefully, this thread will inspire others to drag their old Super Vees out and get them onto the track. I'm glad I'm pressed for space or I might be endanger of getting more them. Cheers!
    Last edited by ahebert; 11.03.14 at 2:57 PM. Reason: update

Thread Information