Liked: 0

The ramair sock filter my SE 3 had is toast and I need some type of replacement. I found some old threads but they didn't lead me to a filter.

Any ideas where I can get one? Any advice on making a cone type work?
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Liked: 6

I bought a kit of material and glue and built one. Actually, my wife who is much better at crafty things that involve scissors and glue built it. I forget where I got the kit, but I think it was Pegasus. There have been a couple of threads on this, and I remember someone posting a phone number for someone else who was building them for sale. If I can find the post in the archives I'll let you know.

OK,,,here is the post I was thinking of:

I have a 1988 SE-3 with DB6 bodywork and had the sock type of air filter. When I got the car the sock was like dust. Dan Campbell has some very nice K & N air filters that work extremely well that might fit your car. They fit inside the tail section on the D-shaped flange behind the roll bar. No more socks and they are obviously long lasting and can be cleaned. Dan does not have a computer that I know of but can be reached on 608/767-3278 or faxed on 608/767-3279.
    Paul Burke

[size="1"][ July 20, 2004, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Mike Ahrens ][/size]
    Anything is possible, until it is proven impossible.

Thanks Mike,

I found the post with the phone number last week and tried calling it. It was no longer in service.

I did make a filter but I'm not real happy with it. It will work in a pinch but it's not something I want to use much.
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Liked: 6

Well, I guess I'll post the same thing I've posted the last couple of times this has come up...If you find something that works better than homemade, please let me know.
    Anything is possible, until it is proven impossible.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Thanks to both Mike's.

Unless someone remembers what K & N cone fit the opening I'll just order more foam and get better at making my filters.
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

I've called K&N before when I was looking for a filter for my DB-1. They probably won't know if they have an application for your car but if you know the dimensions you need, they can probably help.

K&N
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 1

Pegasus knew the right size for my 84 Reynard and I just told them what car I had?

Hey, Top when are you gonna bring that car to some club races and have some real fun with us?
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 917

Top,
    If you know the dimensions of it, I can get a K & N for you at 40% off of list.

You pay the shipping from 45434.

Steve Demeter

Thanks guys. steve I may take you up on it when I get it figured out.

Mark, my wallet is barely big enough to keep two of us running Solo I's. If I or we go club racing I'd need to get a job and believe it or not my wife doesn't want me to. (with good reason) I really should at least come to some of the races and get to know you guys, but then I'd want to join you...
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Liked: 96

I'd need to get a job and believe it or not my wife doesn't want me to.
    Does she have a sister?
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Originally posted by Beartrax:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I'd need to get a job and believe it or not my wife doesn't want me to.
    Does she have a sister? </font>[/QUOTE]Yes she does and she's single. You would like her if you go for girls in their mid 30's that think Bill Clinton is a god, believes cars are killing the world but thinks Dale, Jr. is hot and watches him race, will not eat anything that has ever had eyeballs, eats only pasta and french fries, loves cats, lives alone because "other" people won't get along with her. While she's not all that easy to get alone with I love her to death and am glad she's my sister-in-law.

Oh, and the best part is that she's only a couple of hours from you. Interested?
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Originally posted by Top:
    While she's not all that easy to get alone with I love her to death and am glad she's my sister-in-law.
    Damned typo's! Make that: "get along with." I can't edit because I can't log in. I can post but not log in. Drives me nuts.
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Liked: 1

Hmmm???
    Man you need to get to the track!!!
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

I can't edit because I can't log in. I can post but not log in. Drives me nuts.
    I had the same problem. Try www.apexspeed.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php and then log in. It works for me.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Thanks formulasuper, I thought I'd tried that but when I did it this time it worked.
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Thread Information