Liked: 123

Default John Crossle passed away

http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/...le-passes-away

Nice article, sad that he passed. I'll go pat the 32 in the garage later.

Brian

Liked: 229

If you have been involved with Formula Ford for as long as some of us......Crossle has had some sort of impact on you.. My dad had been racing his 25F then 35F for years before I purchased my first FF, a 45F. Celebrated my first win in that car in my rookie year and two years later bought a 60F. I loved that car and my dad also made the switch to a 62F. We raced together in our Crossle's for several seasons and my brother joined us in a 32F. He would eventually trade up to my 60F when I bought my DB1. My dad continued to race his Crossle until a crash destroyed the car but kept him safe. It got replaced by, you guesed it, another Crossle, this time the 65F. He raced that car until he retired from racing. Being from Ireland, he often made visits to the factory and knew John pretty well. Great man and great company still to this day. The Crossle book has a great shot of my dad in his 35F, proud to have been a Crossle owner and will always have a soft spot for the great cars John built.

Brian.

Liked: 0

Default One of the best

A sad day for ALL of racing and as Brian indicated a very sad day for the FF family....

John was special, his designs were magical, he will be missed. I too had the privilege of meeting and knowing John and the joy of driving and working on a 35 and now a 60. I will cherish my memories of John.

I salute you, John Crossle, and thank you for all that you did for us.......
    Don Nelson

Liked: 19

Default John Crossle Passes Away

I have not had time to keep up with the posts on Apex speed but I need to pass on some sad news. John Crossle' has passes away after a short illness on Sunday evening August 31. He had a lot to do with the success of Formula Ford. The release of the new book, Hidden Glory, the Story of the Crosslé Car Company’, will be launched next week with out delay as he would have wished. I will let you know when copies are available for those who might want one.
    Neil Porter
    Porter Racing/Pacific Crossle' Inc
    Last edited by Neil Porter; 09.03.14 at 1:42 PM.

Liked: 502

RIP Mr. Crossle.
    Condolences to friends and family.
    Thank you for the wonderful car designs and what you have done for our sport, FF
    in particular.
    Marshall

Liked: 94

One of the greats. I am eager to read the book. RIP, Mr. Crossle.
    Matt Rehm
    1997 Citation FV #10
    1997 Citation FV #16

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Owned 4 different models, great cars, would love to have another.

Thread Information