Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

Default '86 Reynard SF2000(Handyman Special)

***************SOLD**********************SOLD***** ********

As the title and pictures (see below in box #3) suggest, this car is in need of someone to lovingly put her back together. It was stripped, blasted, repaired (as needed), & repainted. The rollhoop was changed a few years back to enlarge the cockpit area for a "larger" driver. Each corner has a brand new wheel bearing (about as expensive as nuclear turbine bearings but harder to source!!!) and a new motor/frame mounting plate. Other stuff:

* Dixon 2.0 Pinto Engine w/ drysump system, weber carb, header & exhaust
    * Hewland Mk 9 gearbox
    * 1 set of Compo Turbo wheels and many, many tires
    * 1 pair Bilstein (fr) & 1 pr Koni (rear) Shocks
    * Cleaned & prepped radiators
    * Brake bias adjuster w/ LD-19's all around
    * Longacre Digital Tach
    * Splined quick release w/ original Reynard steering wheel (Momo, I believe)

I've probably forgotten a number of things but for the most part it's all there except the rear wing (prep shop lost that - go figure! - that's why I won't guarantee everything is there to complete the car). It will need a replacement front wing support bar and left wing - wing is useable but pretty beat up. Body is complete less the diaper (I think everyone has ditched this worthless piece of ... fiberglass) but the nose will need a patch/repair. And lastly, it does have an SCCA logbook.

Asking $5000 for the whole lot (worth about a 1/3 more if parted out - see below!!).
    I do have an open deck Alum. Trailer available that towed this car very well.

ATTENTION********BUZZARDS****ATTENTION****
    From now until May 16th, I'm only wanting to talk with people interested in the whole car. After that date, I will relist the car in pieces and will entertain offers for individual bits. So, please indulge me until then.

PM works fine or try my email: cjbachmann at att (dot) net
    Thanks, John
    Last edited by aerobach; 08.25.14 at 5:26 PM. Reason: posted pictures

Liked: 4

Default '86 Reynard SF2000(Handyman Special)

Where is the car located? Indiana?

Contributing Member

Hope this worked.

Yes, the car is in the Indy area - 3 areas in fact - ain't nothing easy in life!!!! If someone wants to view the car, I will get it all together in one location.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 435

PM sent
    Graham.

Contributing Member

For those who requested some additional photos:

Pix 1: Someone wanted a pix with a body on the car. Here you go!! Oh, the car in the background is a twin of this one and the driver is in his usual position - behind my car!!! (just seeing if he's paying attention)

Pix 2: This pix motivated me to raise the rollhoop.

Pix 3: Slight change in the rollhoop + I can get my shoulders under the upper frame rail (that ties into the front rollhoop)...Oh look, that 50 car is behind me again. Some things never change!!!

Pix 4: Folks ask why I'm selling?? Saving for bigger and better things...cars, better cars. They're cheaper in the long run!!!!

T-minus 13 days until the free-for-all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member blackbmwk1200r's Avatar
    Liked: 9

Default I sorta remember this

Contributing Member

I "think" Greg Photoshopped that one so AJ could brag about all the "Wing Cars" coming out to play...at least that's the way I remember it

Oh Oh, I remember...I was getting ready to lap his ....
    (good thing at least one of my kids understands racing!!)
    Last edited by aerobach; 05.02.14 at 11:58 PM. Reason: "memory" recall

Contributing Member

Default SOLD

Car has sold.
    Thanks to all, jb

Thread Information