Liked: 174

Wanted To Buy Citation fuel cell

The foam in my fuel cell is just starting to deteriorate, and due to the cell's age, there's no access to the cell allowing for replacement of the foam. So I 'm looking for a used Citation fuel cell that is useable for several additional years? Any for sale??

Thanks!

Mark

88' Citation 002'
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 06.26.14 at 2:43 PM.

Liked: 850

Mark,
    Cell foam is pretty compressible. It may not LOOK like it, but if there is no other hole in the cell than the FILL, the foam that's in there MUST have gotten in through that hole. THEREFORE, it can get OUT through that hole.

Use whatever it takes to grab a handful of it .. compress with whatever means necessary (HANDS!?) and extract it bit by bit - hopefully, more or less intact. Once you have it out, you can use the semblance of form to cut new foam and stuff it back in ... carefully .

I've gotten cell foam out and in through holes I didn't think I could manage .. but it's usually possible .. but not easy

Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Liked: 8

I might have a spare cell it is used. Let me check.
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000
    f1000bwracing@highwaysystemsinc.com

Liked: 174

Thanks for responding and let me know the dimensions if possible?

Thanks again!

Mark

88" Citation 002'

Thread Information