Contributing Member
    Liked: 19

Default Data Sheet for Gearing at most tracks

Could someone please provide me with the link to the thread where someone once posted gear ratios for just about every track on the continent? I saw it once I'm sure, think I printed it, but can't find it if I did.

Thanks for any help

Jeff W

Contributing Member lmpdesigner's Avatar
    Liked: 35

Default http://www.apexspeed.com/resources/baseline_gearing.htm

Contributing Member

Default track gears

Thanks for that. From the few I am familiar with it certainly gets you in the ball park.

Jeff W

Liked: 0

Default Fc gearing

This is for FC and perhaps F2000 correct?

Contributing Member

Default gearing

Yes that's correct Reddog - Pinto motor, and a Mk9 box using a 10:31 diff.

Jeff W

I was aware that this was the FC thread .... but wasn't completly sure ... so thanks

Default Conversion?

Is there a 9/31 conversion, or a list for 1600 FF cars?

Randall

Default Apex Gearing Sheet

With the new tracks that have been brought on line, the sheet needs to be updated. If and when that happens it would be nice if a date was added as a reference as to what revision it is.
    Ian L. McKechnie (dad)
    Crewchief FC 61

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 648

this might help:
    Last edited by Rick Iverson; 07.07.12 at 10:20 AM.

Liked: 14

Default how to modify the gear chart

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    this might help:
    Hello Rick,
    I'm trying to use your gear chart to help me decide on what Autox ratios I should run. How can I add some fixed ratios like 13/37 and 16/25, into the 1st gear category? Also how to add all of the 1st gear options (except for the 13/37 and 16/25 fixed gears) into the 2nd gear category (it was suggested to me to run a 1st gear ratio as a 2nd for getting a better ratio in Autocross)

Thanks for the help,
    Jon Updegrove
    me_jeu@hotmail.com
    610-509-7321

Liked: 3322

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McKechnie View Post
    With the new tracks that have been brought on line, the sheet needs to be updated. If and when that happens it would be nice if a date was added as a reference as to what revision it is.
    I also found that most of the setups I saw there were (for me) usually under-geared by a couple of teeth, especially in the lower gears. Top gears were usually good within 1 tooth, although some were also too low. I'm guessing that I never felt right braking down to the speeds those gears were correct for. I always want to carry more speed into the corners than those gears allow.

It may be that some of those gear choices are so old that the tires of that era did not allow that much speed on corner entry.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    I also found that most of the setups I saw there were (for me) usually under-geared by a couple of teeth, especially in the lower gears. Top gears were usually good within 1 tooth, although some were also too low. I'm guessing that I never felt right braking down to the speeds those gears were correct for. I always want to carry more speed into the corners than those gears allow.

It may be that some of those gear choices are so old that the tires of that era did not allow that much speed on corner entry.
    This is a 2 year old post that I just came across. I know most of this is out of date but the Excel sheet Rick provided above my comment is very helpful with trying to gear for Autocross, I just can't figure out how to add more gears into the columns.

Jon

Liked: 3322

Quote Originally Posted by Numbskull XIV View Post
    This is a 2 year old post that I just came across. I know most of this is out of date but the Excel sheet Rick provided above my comment is very helpful with trying to gear for Autocross, I just can't figure out how to add more gears into the columns.

Jon
    I just looked at that - it's sure not obvious, although I could edit the existing entries within column AE to get whatever gear I wanted.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Unfamiliar with autocross but wouldn't first gear be the same for each course, "Get the eff out of Dodge from a standstill so to speak" (Dodge is in west Kansas) ...... and, you are going to say, "No, sometimes I want to limit going to second in places ................... .....

Sounds good, Numb below!!! are u really 14 or maybe that's 2014!!! little slow on the roman numerals, used to sign my school papers, Odie LXIX in kind of a symbol form
    Last edited by Modo; 06.02.14 at 2:34 PM.

In order to use a lower range of gears needed for autox, it was suggested to use a fixed 1st, a 1st gear in the second position, and a low second as 3rd. So essentially I'd just be using 3rd gear because its a 2nd gear position. The fixed first and 1st as second would help the car to get up to speed while always in the power and of a pinto motor. Am i making any sense?

Jon Updegrove

Liked: 102

This might help you estimate the speed range to expect in autocross.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54504

Quote Originally Posted by Neil_Roberts View Post
    This might help you estimate the speed range to expect in autocross.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54504
    Wow, exactly the gears I was thinking about running! Thanks Neil!

Jon Updegrove

Thread Information