Liked: 102

Default New AIM software and firmware

AIM just recently released new firmware and software. Race Studio 2, GPS manager, and others are available.

My original cd versions were not compatible with Windows 8, the new versions are.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1494

Default problems

download it, now have a problem where it won't launch race studio.....

Liked: 1115

In previous versions of the installer, I've had various problems that were only solved by removing the old version, deleting the old folders, and restarting the computer before the fresh install. Most had to do with the way the Windows USB drivers were loaded, but who knows? When in doubt, nuke everything from high orbit and start over.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 159

Default What am I doing wrong?

I am having no luck in Windows 7 to get the USB working. Tried just about everything 4 times. It used to work, but my guess is a patch or upgrade killed some kind of permission

So now I am using an ancient Windows 2000 system to talk to the car.

Any clever tricks other than what is on the aimsport website?

Steve
    Last edited by Roux; 05.27.14 at 9:24 PM.

Liked: 530

not sure, but had issues when motec software wouldn't run under windows 7, had to enable it to run as an administrator. and then had to download the microsoft fix for older help file formats so that i could read those as well.

Liked: 1115

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    I am having no luck in Windows 7 to get the USB working. Tried just about everything 4 times. It used to work, but my guess is a patch or upgrade killed some kind of permission
    Again, I've more than once had upgrades kill the USB functionality. Completely nuke the old installation, restart, and the installer can then load the proper USB drivers. There's a way for experts to load the drivers without such extreme measures, but I don't know what it is.

Oh, and I got better results in Win8 with what was then the latest-once-removed version (2.52.00). I haven't dared try the one out this month.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post

So now I am using an ancient Windows 2000 system to talk to the car.

Any clever tricks other than what is on the aimsport website?

Steve
    My computer asked me if I wanted to run the software under compatibility mode. Does that make sense? Mine is Windows 8.

Did you try uninstalling the upgrade, restart your pc, reload the upgrade, restart your pc, then run the new version?

I ran all three upgrades and they all worked after I did a restart.

Thread Information