Liked: 36

Default New Mylaps X2 Transponder

Anyone else get the survey from MyLaps on the new X2 transponder? It's going to be subscription based whatever that means. Not sure what that is but it sounds like it's going to cost me more money. New transponder will probably be as good as their new website was.
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Liked: 268

Default transponder

You mean the new improved website that you can't find any of your old results or get results!

Liked: 127

That website is awful. What a huge downgrade.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 852

TAKE that survey .. I did. I can't imagine what makes AMB think that racers are willing to pay more for .. NOTHING we don't already have.

Answer all the questions appropriately. Obviously, AMB is looking for another Cash Cow.
    For my part.. I'm OUT of extra cash...
    Steve, FV80

Liked: 2

Took the survey. Just said I can't give an opinion on something I don't have any experience. I asked them to sent me a free one if they wanted a valid answer.

Liked: 605

thanks for the notes - got their email - haven't taken survey - now i won't at all

Liked: 11

Default Mounting holes

I took their survey and suggested the mounting holes to be similar to the standard hard wired unit. Was not clear if they were, since no dimensions were given.

My direct wired transponder is mounted in the front bulkhead, aimed down thru an access hole in the nose, w/no real easy access without removing the nose cone. Before going on track, my crew chief checks it's operation by looking under the nose at the LED.

Not sure if I relish the " key " charger/downloading card concept thingy or it's mounting on the dash(?). That is not happening in my Formula car. IMO, they are over complicating a simple device, which means just another thing to lug around, download and/or keep track of. I want to buy the thing and be done with it, no " subscription" or re-charging needed.
    Last edited by Revs2-12k; 03.01.14 at 6:15 PM.
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Liked: 268

Default AMB transponder

I will continue to use the original hard wired unit I bought years ago when they were first required. I think it's a marketing ploy designed to generate cash since most cars running already have them and their crack website doesn't work!

Liked: 36

I think whoever is doing their marketing research is leading them astray with that website remake and the transponder requirements.
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Liked: 553

They certainly don't tell you much about the benefits before asking you how much you'll like it. How can I tell them I like the idea of a flex subscription or direct key if I don't know what they are?

I took the survey and got an erro message after clicking submit. What a surprise. <rolleyes>

Thread Information