Liked: 27

Default Chuck Singletary buys an Evolution

Speaking of this season Chuck our Hallett test day is just around the corner on March 14. Guess I better dust off the EVO and get her ready to roll!

Liked: 6

Default yes we better get ready

Hi Bill

i hope to head to Jim's to pickup Evolution around the 1st. I am heading to a CVAR Vintage Vee race at TWS this weekend. I call you tomorrow.

Liked: 190

Chuck,

Heard rumor that you bought one of Jim Schings Evolution cars. Was it this one?

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60468

If so, that is a great car!
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Default Rumor

Yes Bill the rumor is true. Hope to go head to Jim's on Wednesday to pickup. I am going to put my Mutant/Predator conversion on the market. I am 5'10", 230lb and the Mutant is just to narrow in the area or my shoulders and arms. It will make a great FST for someone that is a little smaller than me. height is not an issue. It was fun doing conversion and after the St Louis regional and a test day it is pretty well sorted. I went with the Evolution as it will fit a larger driver better, plus we can now get another car on the track for FST for a good price when I sell the Mutant. Plus it has a Bill Bonow custom dry sump tank, makes it pretty fast.

Liked: 151

Default great switch

Chuck

Not only did we watch you build your Mutant Predator but those of us you consulted with know you took the time and effort and resources to do the car right. You’ll be more comfortable in the Evo which indeed is very roomy but some “right size” driver will get a great deal in your old car.

You guys will be on the track in 3 weeks!!!! We are jealous.
    Last edited by rgu; 02.20.14 at 7:22 PM. Reason: extra word

Default Thanks for the compliment

Thank you Robert with all of the FST drivers and owner openly trying to develop this class of racing made it a pleasure to do this conversion. I feel like I am losing a family member selling the Mutant, but I have became very dedicated into helping FST grow to become I think the best bang for the buck open wheel class in American Road Racing. It gets back to a level to where the average race driver/mechanic can convert or possibly build his or her own open wheel race car with readily available pieces. The Mutant has one double Regional (St Louis region 2013 Octoberfest) and one test day at Motorsports ranch at Crescent Texas. It was built with all new parts. It is ready to head to a race as I was planning to race it at our Hallett race. I have decided to sell for what I have in it in parts and donate my labor to help get another FST on the track this season. I will post in the classified section when I get back from our race at Texas World Speedway this weekend.

Liked: 151

Default Mutant pricing

Chuck IMO there are more people looking for cars than in previous years. Problem is there are very few complete cars for sale. So a ready to go car at the right price point I think will be a hot item. Last buyer I know of had to drive 600-700 miles to get the car but I think he got a great deal.

Thanks for making the car available.

Liked: 190

Split this thread off. Seems to have a life of its own.

Chuck,

When will or did you already pick up the car?
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Default Going to SR Wednesday

Hi Bill. I am leaving OKC Wednesday to pickup

Default Evolution Home in OKC

We made it home Sunday afternoon after 4 hours of driving in the snow and ice. Too cold and icy to even unload yet. As always Jim at SR was a pleasure to deal with and we even got away on Friday to tour some Kentucky distillers for some tastings. Hopefully the weather here in OKC will clear up enough that we can get the Evolution in the garage and start fitting to me for our Hallet test.

Liked: 27

Default Welcome back Chuck

Glad you made it back home safe Chuck. Also glad to see Kenna was able to get you out of the distillery before Security got involved! Long range weather forecast sounds like maybe 70 degrees for our testing day, a long way from the 4 degrees here this morning. We will be thinking of all our fellow FST competitors up in the the frigid Great Lakes region. Chuck and I need all the early practice we can get to catch up with you guys.

Thread Information