Liked: 0

Default RF89 Van Diemen Conversion Yamaha R1

RF89 Van Diemen Formula Ford conversion

1.6L Ford engine and transaxle were replaced with a Yamaha R1, 1000cc engine (a couple owners ago.)

- 155 hp
    - 11,800 rpm redline. At 9,500 the power really comes on. Very quick car.
    - 6 spd sequential bike transmission, chain drive, spool rearend
    - 3 piece Compomotives w/ black centres (13x8 Rear, 13x6 Front)
    - Car has the newer, longer A-arms. I don't know what year they are from but they've been updated.

Included Spares:
    - Second set of Compomotive 3-piece wheels (exact match for what's currently on the car, 13 x 6 and 13 x 8) with Goodyear slicks mounted. The two sets of wheels included with the car have Black centers.
    - Set of gold 13x5.5 Panasports with wets
    - Spare set of unmounted Hoosier slicks.

- 6 point seat belts have expired
    - Left front spindle has some threads that were damaged and need to be chased (or you can replace the entire spindle.) I'll include the thread die to do this (never got around to it.) Wheel bolts up fine.

Not racing anymore. Need to make room in the garage.
    I'll post more pics upon request.
    $8000 USD, FOB Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roush88; 03.14.14 at 8:37 PM. Reason: updated pictures

Default 88 van d

is car still aval what year is r1 I live in ontario canada

Yes still available. I don't know the year of the engine but it is an earlier model (155 hp).

PM sent.

Thanks.

Rob

Liked: 15

Default Oil tank / adaptor

[I PMd you about this] if anyone knows where the oil tank/trans adapter is from the conversion, I'd like to know where it is - if it's a mk9.
    TeamFRD-1988 Van Diemen RF88-1267 FF1600 Solo:CM#99/199 http://yspect8.weebly.com

Default 89 FB

Morning,

Would you mind giving me a jingle one night this week. I am interested in the car but have a few questions. Motor? Will I fit? Meet me in Billings? What does it need?

davemirk@msn.com
    719 963 5124

Default FS FB VD

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in responses, I've been very tied up but will catch up in the next day or two.

As for meeting prospective buyers in the US, I don't think this will work but I might be able to meet you on the Canadian side of the border.

I'll have a closer look at the engine and get more info. I am at a disadvantage since I don't know VD's very well and I didn't do the conversion.

Rob
    403-969-9976
    rf1 at shaw dot ca

Thread Information