Liked: 3

Default anti-submarine belt?

Helped my son bring back #29 from One Formula Racing yesterday and in getting things ready for the bead seat today noticed no anti- submarine belt like we used in the spec Miata. Is that because of the seating position?

We've got a LOT to learn about this car, but very impressed initially. Did a lot of shifterkart racing a few years ago before doing spec Miata for a couple years. Excited about getting back into open wheel!!

One other thing- who makes the quick jack for the FE's? Somebody who frequents these boards??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 956

They look like Willans belts. They should have anti sub straps, as required by GCR if you are going to race in SCCA. You might ask the seller if he still has them.

There have been several quick jacks advertised in the last few weeks.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 530

MK technologies makes the nicest lifts I think, but they are expensive. You can wait for used ones to pop up for sale or make your own also. The rear quick lift with swivel T-bar head and the under wing front lift are the two styles to use. You can also use a regular automotive floor jack, like the crafstman lightweight racing jack. The front jack point would then be under the nose where the lower control arm bolt is and the rear just under the trans or lift from the wing mount where the t-bar fits.

anti-sub belts are used, however they come through the seat where the lap belts do and then wrap under and through your legs back up to the buckle.

Liked: 444

Liked: 218

Mike Beauchamp has the quick lift. Look him up. I know the anti sub straps were there. I remember pulling them through the seat I put in there for you guys to sit in it!
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 3

There were extra belts- just didn't look like the ones I was used to on the spec Miata. I thought they were weird looking arm restraints!! Like I said, we've got a LOT to learn!!!

Hope to have it all figured out by the early May Blackhawk races!!

Worked on bead seat this afternoon...

Thanks for the help guys...

Liked: 530

I suppose you could put your arms through them if you really wanted to

good luck, you'll love the camaraderie in FE!

Thread Information