Liked: 8

Default Looking for Number Punches 3/4Inch

Hi guys. Hope somebody can help. I have sets of "standard" height number and letter punches, but I now am in need of a set of numbers that are 3/4 inch tall. I have tried most of the usual suspects up here in Canada and no luck.

Any suggestions? Most punch sets are 1/4 inch...way too small for the Jaguar chassis numbers I need. Again I need a set that are 3/4 inch tall.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Tom
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Liked: 282

Liked: 8

Default Thanks, but...

Thanks Fred. I used to buy from McMaster Carr.....until they changed their customer service policy. Believe it or not, they will not sell to Canadians....I even have a US card (on a Cdn bank) and a US address,,,,no soap! I figure it must be a non-competition arrangement with some Canadian subsidiary....which I thought was illegal....but no luck for me!

Any other suggestions? If not I may have to ask a favor from one of my apex speed buddies!

Thanks, Tom
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 131

Default CCS

Tom;

I have used CCS Industrial Supply in Oshawa to purchase items I have seen in M-C catalogs, I have even used the part #'s from the catalogs.

Hope this is of some help.
    Stephen Adams
    RF92 Van Diemen FFord
    1980 Lola T540 FFord

Liked: 1880

Just get someone in the US to buy them for you & then ship them across the border via the Post.

Liked: 49

Quote Originally Posted by brownslane View Post
    Thanks Fred. I used to buy from McMaster Carr.....until they changed their customer service policy. Believe it or not, they will not sell to Canadians....I even have a US card (on a Cdn bank) and a US address,,,,no soap! I figure it must be a non-competition arrangement with some Canadian subsidiary....which I thought was illegal....but no luck for me!

Any other suggestions? If not I may have to ask a favor from one of my apex speed buddies!

Thanks, Tom
    Have you checked Enco (use-enco.com) and MSC? (Not McMaster, www.mscdirect.com)

I'm not sure how, but I have no trouble ordering from McMaster. I ordered from them 4 years ago and shipped it to my work address - they called me, asked if it was a business order or a personal thing (business, of course..!) and never had trouble since then, even changed my address to the new office when I changed companies. Fingers crossed I didn't just jinx myself, but I order from them 4 or 5 times a year. Incredibly fast and reasonably priced shipping too, usually next day delivery through Purolator.

edit: apparently the reason they don't like shipping to Canada is something about terrorism. It's a one stop shop for all you need to build bad things, I guess. But I think it's still a self imposed policy.

edit 2: KBC Tools (warehouses in Canada..) has the number sets up to 5/8", but not 3/4".. The size is measured from the centerlines of the stamp marks, so take a look and see if the 5/8" might work for you, they're a lot cheaper than McMaster!
    Last edited by Tiago Santos; 12.16.13 at 8:28 PM.

Thread Information