Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FC in the PNW

Liked: 18

Did someone say "water wings"?

This was taken standing next to our car in the paddock.

Liked: 210

LOL clearly there's at least one drainage problem at The Ridge that needs to be addressed

Where'd you guys get the "Deadly Catch" survival suits?? GREAT idea but not the ideal color for corner workers.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 13

Actually, Rick, there is no drainage problem at the Ridge, these guys are standing on the gravel parking area, it just rained so much and so hard that the ground could not absorb it quick enough. It was nasty.

Kudos to those who braved the rain and went racing anyway.
    Michael Lensen

"slemoine" looking forward to your video!! "gavinaiken's" were awesome!!

I thought the west siders were big on drainage

Quote Originally Posted by HayesCages View Post
    M.L. perhaps?

Hey Charlie,

Please add my name to the list of FC owners, just bought a nice, Nicholas Belling prepared, skinny and light '97 VD, with a lot of nice goodies on it.

Just need to paint it red and apply the number 18.

Thank you Miles McC.
    Thank you Charlie.

Michael Lensen

Liked: 5

Default 2014 Schedule

This was just released:
    http://www.sfrscca.org/content/view/9533/29
    Looks to be some attractive offers in there... Would love to go to laguna, thats one of my bucket list tracks!

Liked: 1

hi kim willcox 2001 vd add me to the list any chance of getting mazda engine in scca?

Liked: 120

Beats me on scca... However, Icscc might be an option, somebody pm me a dyno on the Mazda. And I will compare it to the baseline. Also, if someone were so inclined they could bring it to Spokane in the spring and we would let it run with us for a side by side comparison.

Kim, pm me your email and I will send you the newsletter as well, the next one is due out the second week of November, but I will send you the most recent one as well.

The Mazda powered USF2000 cars are turning out about 170 HP which is considerably more then either the Zetec or Pinto powered FC's (2.0 liter) cars in SCCA and ICSCC racing.

Not sure how you would noodle out equality with that big a differential in base power. The SCCA has always had a pretty good relationship with Mazda. I think I'd wait and see what the SCCA does about the Mazda powered USF2000 cars. Somebody will some day try to get one in to SCCA racing as they wear them out on the Indy circuit.

On the other hand, SCCA's relationship with Ford isn't really great at the moment. So what they could do is let the Mazda in to FC then take the restrictions off the Zetec and say the heck with the Pinto's. That would really TIC a lot of people off which the SCCA is good at doing.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    The Mazda powered USF2000 cars are turning out about 170 HP which is considerably more then either the Zetec or Pinto powered FC's (2.0 liter) cars in SCCA and ICSCC racing.

Not sure how you would noodle out equality with that big a differential in base power. The SCCA has always had a pretty good relationship with Mazda. I think I'd wait and see what the SCCA does about the Mazda powered USF2000 cars. Somebody will some day try to get one in to SCCA racing as they wear them out on the Indy circuit.

On the other hand, SCCA's relationship with Ford isn't really great at the moment. So what they could do is let the Mazda in to FC then take the restrictions off the Zetec and say the heck with the Pinto's. That would really TIC a lot of people off which the SCCA is good at doing.
    Ya 170 would be too much. Whats the min weight on the MZR cars? I recall a thread here a while ago that said that elite was easily able to dumb down the engine to zetec levels. If someone showed up with a MZR @~150 peak and a reasonable curve I don't think anyone would have a problem letting it in and eventually working toward a rule change in ICSCC. Can't speak for scca. I know of a few people who would convert to MZR if it provided a greater reliability and longer life cycle at that power output than the zetec.

Liked: 0

Default Honda

Don't discount Honda doing an engine for FC. HPD is interested, just too busy right now. Give it a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by ccoffin View Post
    ..... Whats the min weight on the MZR cars?......
    It's about 1190 pounds without driver as I recall.

Liked: 145

Default Mazda

ICSCC rules are the same as SCCA for FC and until they change chances are slim that. ICSCC will....but a Mazda FC would be welcome as FL

FC is currently 1200 lbs with driver

Liked: 611

Default FC in PNW

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rozeboom View Post
    Don't discount Honda doing an engine for FC. HPD is interested, just too busy right now. Give it a couple of years.
    I recall reading a few years ago that SCCA had the FC rules amended to freeze the motors to the two Ford motors they allow now.
    Second, I don't think HPD's interest in SCCA is what it was.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 6

Default MZR HP

Just ran across this thread. FYI - USF2000 restricts the 170hp MZR down to the FC Zetec equivalent for the only oval at IRP. The restrictors exist and the cars are VERY equal.
    Ron

Liked: 611

Default IRP

The Pinto's were fast back in their day at the Night before the 500 race at IRP, 170HP on a rear-engine, tube chassis car would just make it crazy.
    As is seen in F/Ford with the Honda engine, two different engines can never really be the same.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Quote Originally Posted by Ron B. View Post
    Just ran across this thread. FYI - USF2000 restricts the 170hp MZR down to the FC Zetec equivalent for the only oval at IRP. The restrictors exist and the cars are VERY equal.
    Are you saying they restrict it down ONLY on the ovals or, on the road race tracks too? Cause I just looked on the USF2000 site and they say they are putting out 170 HP like I said. If so then the 170 is the number we need as the SCCA/ ICSCC doesn't do a lot of ovals.

If they already have a restrictor that knocks them down to 146 to 150 HP then there may be a way.

In the 1st season I believe USF2000 did allow Pinto and Zetec cars to run in the series but then kicked them out after the 1st year or two so they had all Lota's or Dallara's.

USED USF2000 car by Dallara with Mazda power are going for around $70,000 to $85,000. Not exactly in the price range for the SCCA FC class.

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

USF2k chassis are VD.
    aaron

Default Yes...

Are you saying they restrict it down ONLY on the ovals or, on the road race tracks too? Cause I just looked on the USF2000 site and they say they are putting out 170 HP like I said. If so then the 170 is the number we need as the SCCA/ ICSCC doesn't do a lot of ovals.

If they already have a restrictor that knocks them down to 146 to 150 HP then there may be a way.

In the 1st season I believe USF2000 did allow Pinto and Zetec cars to run in the series but then kicked them out after the 1st year or two so they had all Lota's or Dallara's.

USED USF2000 car by Dallara with Mazda power are going for around $70,000 to $85,000. Not exactly in the price range for the SCCA FC class.
    Yes - ONLY on the single oval event. They run unrestricted on the rest of the tracks.

The current version of USF2000 (since 2010) requires Van Diemen/Elan chassis and never allowed Pintos.
    Ron

Working on the newsletter today, if anybody has something they want me to include in the newsletter please let me know. Or if anybody wants to be included on the mailing list that isn't already on it let me know that as well. Thanks.

Classifieds Super License HayesCages's Avatar
    Liked: 180

Cool, thanks Charlie.
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Default Safety-off topic?

Does anyone know if the track crews in the PNW are Trained on using the Simpson Shock Doctor Eject Helmet removal system?

Have a helmet torndown for paint and thought it would be a good time to throw one in-

I'll post this on icscc later tonight but thought someone in the know might be trolling here today.

Thx
    Geoff

I would throw it up on the icscc forum as the current safety guys hang out more there than they do here and I believe that most of them cross over between icscc and scca events so they should be able to give you a complete answer. Also, if they do not know, they can put it on their agenda of things to learn before spring.

Quote Originally Posted by suzrm121 View Post
    Does anyone know if the track crews in the PNW are Trained on using the Simpson Shock Doctor Eject Helmet removal system?

Have a helmet torndown for paint and thought it would be a good time to throw one in-

I'll post this on icscc later tonight but thought someone in the know might be trolling here today. Thx Geoff
    Ricky used to hold training sessions for safety crews and corner workers on a regular basis. Although helmets are to be removed by people who have been trained in the medical aspects of post crash services I recall Ricky dealing with the helmet removal systems in the past.

This should be reviewed with Ricky or who ever is doing his job these days.

Liked: 48

Quote Originally Posted by ccoffin View Post
    Working on the newsletter today, if anybody has something they want me to include in the newsletter please let me know. Or if anybody wants to be included on the mailing list that isn't already on it let me know that as well. Thanks.

please include me ...
    f2pilot49@mac.com

thanks
    Greg
    friend us on FaceBook search "velocity haus"
    like on facebook search "velocity haus Engineering"
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Default November Newsletter...

...Has been sent out. If you did not receive it and you think you should have let me know. I always seem to mess-up/forget someones email.

Charlie.. got my news letter and wanted to say thanks for your hard work!!

Dane

Thanks Dane I appreciate it.

Liked: 9

Got mine at well thanks.

Classifieds Super License HayesCages's Avatar
    Liked: 180

Me too, thanks ccoffin and gcoffin!
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234