Liked: 141

Default Instant email notification

Is there any obvious reason I'm no longer getting email notification to replies in topics I've posted to?

Yes - I check I always check that point
    Yes - I still use the same address!

Liked: 1417

There are only a couple of reasons why it would have been deactivated from your account from higher up the food chain than your Control Panel.

One, if you set an "out of office" auto-reply when you go on vacation, I get tired of receiving the bounce-backs from the e-mail notifications.

Two, and this one has been making me want to ban all AOL e-mail addresses, if you mark one of these e-mail notifications as SPAM to your host provider. AOL sends a nasty note to the company that hosts ApexSpeed and threatens to blacklist us because our users unknowingly mark our notifications as SPAM. I have lost my patience with dealing with AOL, trying to get apexspeed.com on their safe list, and I'm tired of the hollow threats from AOL, when I get more junkmail from them than most other domains.

If you are guilty of one of those, I usually manually shut off all of your notifications in your account so I don't have to deal with those inconveniences again.

If you aren't guilty of those, then nothing was done by us to your account, and you might not have the specific threads subscribed to that you thought you did. We don't do any manual account changes for any other reasons, so if something changed recently, it probably wasn't done on this end, ans I have only made one manual change recently and it wasn't your account.

dc

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    There are only a couple of reasons why it would have been deactivated from your account from higher up the food chain than your Control Panel.

One, if you set an "out of office" auto-reply when you go on vacation, I get tired of receiving the bounce-backs from the e-mail notifications.

Two, and this one has been making me want to ban all AOL e-mail addresses, if you mark one of these e-mail notifications as SPAM to your host provider. AOL sends a nasty note to the company that hosts ApexSpeed and threatens to blacklist us because our users unknowingly mark our notifications as SPAM. I have lost my patience with dealing with AOL, trying to get apexspeed.com on their safe list, and I'm tired of the hollow threats from AOL, when I get more junkmail from them than most other domains.

If you are guilty of one of those, I usually manually shut off all of your notifications in your account so I don't have to deal with those inconveniences again.

If you aren't guilty of those, then nothing was done by us to your account, and you might not have the specific threads subscribed to that you thought you did. We don't do any manual account changes for any other reasons, so if something changed recently, it probably wasn't done on this end, ans I have only made one manual change recently and it wasn't your account.

dc
    Notifications from Apex on subscribed posts stopped about a month ago. I made no changes to any settings to my account here or on my email account. Neither of the two reasons explained above apply to my situation. Please help!

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

IF you've got a smart phone, Tapatalk works great. ( my phone's smarter than me )
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

comcast.net Email and I am still getting mine

Perhaps an Apex only Yahoo, Hotmail, Google, etc. account ?

Quote Originally Posted by racerdad2 View Post
    IF you've got a smart phone, Tapatalk works great. ( my phone's smarter than me )
    No smartphone here, just a desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Devins View Post
    comcast.net Email and I am still getting mine
    I use Att.net with Outlook Express; worked fine before

Quote Originally Posted by dereklola View Post
    Is there any obvious reason I'm no longer getting email notification to replies in topics I've posted to?

Yes - I check I always check that point
    Yes - I still use the same address!
    Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am still unable to get notifications and would appreciate any explanation as to why.

Liked: 141

Tom - I regret to say I don't remember what if anything was causing it. I do now get such email notices (which is why you're receiving this reply this morning and not this evening) but my normal routine these days is to sign in and immediately click on New Posts - that way there is no real need for the email notices. And "Yes" I am addicted enough that I do read Apexspeed everyday - even Christmas Day and my wife's wedding anniversary. Derek

Thank heavens, I'm not the only one I was sbout to search out a 12 step program. ...

Thread Information