Liked: 2

Default 1969 Merlyn MK11A - SOLD

For sale, my 1969 Merlyn MK11A Formula Ford, chassis #242. This is one of the classic vintage Formula Fords, and it is in outstanding condition.
    The car was bought in New Mexico in 2008 as a roller, and underwent a frame-up restoration at T-Zero Racing (Seattle) for the 2009 SOVREN season. My uprated engine is Ivey built, with a steel crank and forged pistons. My gearbox was completely gone through for the 2009 season as well, and, and includes a new ring & pinion. The car has Koni double-adjustable steel-body shocks, and is a quick, neutral handler.
    For the 2012 season, the engine was rebuilt by Jay Ivey, resulting in a very strong motor (Dyno sheets show 112hp @ 6100rpm). Currently the engine has less than 15hrs. Additionally, a new radiator was fabricated, along with motor mounts and half-shafts. I do not have significant history on this car prior to my purchase, but do have my logbook, set-up data, all invoices for work performed since then, as well as additional pictures

The sale price is $25,000, and includes the following spares:

A) Complete, painted, spare 3 x piece body; B) 16 x gear sets; C) 4 x Weller steel wheels with mounted Dunlops (used); D) 4 x other Dunlops (used); E) original Hewland Maidenhead bearing carrier cover; F) 1x iron crankshaft in good condition; G) original header; H) miscellaneous parts bin ( spare fire extinguisher, donuts, mirrors, clutch, air and oil filters, steering wheels, camber tool, various used gearbox and distributor parts, etc ).

Finally, I also have an iron uprated head, still in the plastic wrap after having been freshened, which is for sale separately, for $1000.

I may be reached at alaintricia@comcast.net or (509) 953-6396
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 10.14.13 at 8:56 PM.

Liked: 80

Fine looking car.

Brings back fond memories. 40 years ago next month I learned to drive in one of those at the Russell school at Willow Springs.

Liked: 2

Car is sold. Thank you Apexspeed.

Thread Information