Liked: 0

Default 1971 Ensign LNF3 for sale

1971 Ensign LNF3 currently running as a Formula B. FIA papers. Twin cam rebuilt in 1993 with only 5 or so hours since. New shocks, clutch, annular clutch release. Brand new un mounted Avons. Braid wheels. Spare set of revolutions/minilites needing refurbishment.

New dolphin wing engine cover not yet fitted to the car. Chris Townsend of oldracingcars.com has been researching the car's history for me. Currently it looks like its either Colin Vandervell's or David Purleys development car. My intention was to restore car back to its original livery, but am now looking for something different. The frame is stress cracked in one place so the entire car needs to be pulled apart, and rebuilt.

25k or interesting trades.. air cooled FSV or tin top?

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 648

Stunning!

Lovely car! Hope it finds a good home.

The car is no longer for sale. I kept on looking at it with too much affection and decided to take it to bits and do a complete resto. I'll post pics in the spring when its completed.

Liked: 11

Was this an ex-Purley car? David Purley was my racing hero.

We dont know for sure yet. As one acquaintance in the UK just told me. Researching race car history is like knitting fog

If it is Purley's car it will be restored with his livery.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Re: 1971 Ensign LNF3 for sale

How about some pics during resto ? Would love to see her bits & pieces. Fantastic Car !
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by eflachbart View Post
    The car is no longer for sale. I kept on looking at it with too much affection and decided to take it to bits and do a complete resto. I'll post pics in the spring when its completed.
    Very glad to see you are going to restore this great car. I look forward to the posted photos!

Thread Information