Liked: 0

FRANKLIN, WIS. (March 11, 2004) - Steve Welk, 2003 Formula Ford Zetec Championship Rookie of the Year contender, has reached an agreement with Aiken Racing to compete in the first two
    events of the Cooper Tires Championship Series. The first event is the doubleheader that will run in conjunction with the Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring. The second event is the doubleheader at Road Atlanta in April. Welk's familiar number 57 will be supported by Briggs & Stratton and Sports Car
    Revolution for the Sebring and Road Atlanta events.

Aiken Racing and Steve Welk are looking to contest the entire Cooper Series and are actively searching for partners to insure that they can complete the Championship schedule.

"I am extremely excited about joining Aiken Racing", said Welk. Aiken Racing team owner Marshall Aiken and I have talked a lot in the last few days to get this deal together and I think we will have a very good package going into Sebring. This will be the first time since 1999 that I will be returning to a championship in consecutive years, so I think both the team and I are looking for strong results."

"I am very pleased and excited to have Steve join our team," said Aiken, who is excited about having the 21 year-old Welk on the team. "Steve had a strong top-10 points finish last year and his past experience in the Formula Ford Zetec Championship brings a valuable asset to the
    team. Steve has proven he can run up front and I am confident he will continue to do just that."

For more information about Steve Welk Motorsports visit his official website @ ww.SteveWelk.com.

For more information about Aiken Racing contact Marshall Aiken @ 770-337-5458.
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Liked: 3787

The press release did not mention that team owner and driver Marshall Aiken was the SEDIV 2001 CFC Champion. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, congratulations on the whole package coming together! Jolly good show.

Thread Information