ST. PETERSBURG, FLA (March 4, 2003) - Formula Ford Zetec Championship driver Steve Welk has announced he will appear on several episodes of Speed TV's new program, Sports Car Revolution.
A front-runner in the Zetec Championship, part of the Cooper Tires Championship Series, Welk will first appear on the March 23,2004 episode. In a segment featuring his Birel/Parilla ICA kart, Welk will talk about karting and the Zetec Championship. Filmed during the 2003 season, the segment will have footage of Welk competing in both vehicles. Welk is currently scheduled to appear in further segments throughout the upcoming year.

"I really enjoyed working with the people at Sports Car Revolution," said Welk, who will contest the Zetec Championship in 2005 with a team to be named shortly. "I really have to thank Tom Hnatiw for this great
opportunity. We are currently looking for ways that I can be more involved in the show, which I am really looking forward to."

Hosted by SCAA Pro Racing announcer and former Zetec Championship announcer Tom Hnatiw, Sports Car Revolution is a lighthearted exploration of the world of sports cars. Featuring lots of open track testing and insights from the race track, the series is dedicated to the hottest trend in automotive customization - the youth-oriented "tuner" market. The half-hour show airs weekly, Tuesdays at 7:30 pm Eastern time on Speed TV.

In 2003, Welk contested the entire Zetec Championship season. Finishing 10th in the standings, Welk scored five top-10 finishes and was second in laps completed, with 201 out of 212.

Widely regarded as North America's premier training series, the Cooper Tires Championship Series offers the complete motorsports education, with emphasis on cost-effective racing. Racing throughout the United States and Canada, the Cooper Series will showcase the best young drivers from around the world on a challenging mix of racetracks.

The 2004 Formula Ford Zetec Championship season gets underway March 16-18, 2004 at Sebring International Raceway. As part of the 52nd Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring, the Zetec Championship will race in conjunction with the American Le Mans Series and SCCA Pro Racing.

For additional information on the Formula FordZetec Championship or Cooper Tires Championship Series, please contact Michelle Kish at (973) 575-2626, e-mail MichelleKish@usff2000.com or visit
www.cooperseries.com

For additional information about Steve Welk Motorsports please visit his official website @ www.SteveWelk.com