Liked: 27

Default Should COTA be included in next years MidWest FST Series?

We are starting to do the initial planning for our MidWest FST series for the 2014 season. In our discussions the possibility of including COTA has come up. Our question is would running there be appealing enough to draw FST drivers from the Eastern Division and Western Division to run with us. Also factor in entry fees that could run as high as $600.00. Which doesn't really play into our mission of keeping costs down. Let Us Know?

Liked: 190

Bill,

The only issue is that any SCCA race at COTA will most likely be a Major and not include FST .

Typically, we will wait until the seasonal schedule comes out (typically post Runoffs) and then pick dates. Finding/courting friendly regions that will potentially host future events can take place at anytime.

Bill
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Default Which tracks mostly likely to draw racers

Bill which tracks here in the heartland do you feel are mostly likely to entice others areas to make the trek out here for a race weekend ?

Liked: 190

Personally, I'm dying to go to Hallett. I've walked it once and almost got lost .

There is a lot of real estate in MidDiv between tracks, so I would try to keep it close or centralized where your drivers are located. Don't spread them out too much and for the first year, keep the number of events small. You want everyone to attend all of the events. That was our key. Limited events with lots of cars.

Leaving work now to drive directly to the June Sprints.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 6

Default FST at Hallet

Bill I agree Hallet would be a wonderful FST track. I have ran about 6 weekends there in my Vintage Vee and it would even be better in a FST with the added power due to the elevation changes. i have been fortunate in my life to run at 20 plus road courses in America and Hallet is one of the most technically challenging tracks out there. There is a lot of elevation changes as well as various speed corners. Turn 8 with is referred to as "the Bitch" is one of the best high speed corners I have ever driven. In a FV it is taken flat in fourth over a rise. The track owners and staff are some of the friendly and accommodating there are. I live in Edmond Ok and hallet is a 70 minute drive. For example RA is 14 hours from here. It appears we will have at 3 or 4 cars in this part of the country this year

Liked: 1

Default Hallett & FST

The past 3 years the April Hallett event has been a Majors. We won't know until later if next years event will, but if it is only Majors Championship classes will be included. Look hard at Gateway, Mid America & Heartland Park.

Neil Cox

Default Hallett

Hallett is a short pull for us two (about 3 hours) and I love the track. I also think Hallett will give us a lot of exposure with Wichita, OKC Metro, and Tulsa all a short drive and if I have any luck at the KC Sports show in January not a bad place to showcase. We are in a good place though with Heartland Park and MidAmerica both as short or shorter pulls for us and Denver is less than 6 hours. Guess when you live in the middle of nowhere its good to also be in the middle of everywhere LOL. I am really looking forward to going back east though next year too. Always wanted to drive at Mid-Ohio and Watkins Glen. Besides we have to show them back there things are fast East of the Mississippi too.
    Ohhh Yeah and as far as the Ceral Malt Beverage standings I might not have mentioned my wife and I own a bar and grill!!

Default Hallett

Neil just read your post. I think there are also some other organizations that also run at Hallett besides SCCA. Would it be possible to partner with them for our race down there. I know you live down that way so maybe you can help? In FST I guess we get used to not exactly being a darling of SCCA especially in the backyard of a FV Legendary shop. But looking at the FV counts this year in the Mid-Div, SW and Rocky MT I expect our car count will be more then theirs next year. Not bragging just stating facts.

Liked: 1

COMMA runs at Hallett monthly, but you likely won't be able to get an SCCA sanction. I am sure that COMMA would welcome your entries.

Thread Information