Liked: 1417

Thursday Test Day Notes from Mid-Ohio

- No. 4 Hagar is running a car with Continental Motorsport Services this weekend. Hagar was unable to repair his regular car in time for Round 11 after it was determined it had a crack in the chassis.
    - No. 20 Tesone, No. 27 Dick, No. 38 Rose, No. 45 Floyd and No. 91 Thomas are making their 2001 debut this weekend.
    - No. 3 Bell was towed early in the session with an ignition failure. Bell rejoined late in the session.
    - No. 19 Urlin was towed on his first lap in the session after a severe engine failure. The team was going to change engines and attempt to make it out for the afternoon test session.
    - No. 77 Dismore suffered two gearbox failures in the session.
    - No. 45 Floyd spun in the session, which caused the electrical coil to come loose.
    - No. 54 Camirand had a hose come loose ending his session early.
    - No. 11 Rubenzer pulled of exiting the esses after bearing failure. The car will be repaired for the secont test session.
    - No. 69 Asaro had a rear upright break late in the session. The car will be ready for the afternoon session.

Top-10 Times from Morning Test Sesion

Gray 1:25.501
    LaPoint 1:25.705
    Kasemets 1:25.871
    Bell 1:25.937
    Rodarte 1:26.149
    Potekhen 1:26.451
    Dyer 1:26.486
    Asaro 1:26.494
    Luyendyk Jr. 1:26.541
    Rojas 1:26.601

Liked: 0

I'm glad those guys have professionals prepping their cars.

Liked: 3787

Geez Louise.

Sounds like the first day at a drivers school, not a pro event.

... and all these cars will be for sale to us at the end of the season.

If Hagar is running with Continental Motorsports, who is Tesone running with? I thought Continental ran Tesones car?

TDR
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Liked: 1417

Oh man, I have been getting updates like this all season. I figured it was a good use of the new forum to post it for everyone to see.

I'd never buy one of those cars, either. They are beaten hard on a weekly basis.

Thanks Doug, n-o-w you tell me! I bought my car from Primus after the '99 season (and after they used it for new parts testing for a few months). It was definately well used for a one year old car. However, I did get a really good price and it does a have a good history, so once I finish replacing everything that's beat up I'll have an average price car with a good history.

Continental Motorsport Services ran both Billy Hagar and Joe Tesone.

I've also got one of the Primus team cars from '99, and I've had no problems with it at all. Primus gave us a good deal on the price and threw in a good amount of spares to go with it. Which of the team cars did you get? We had first choice of the cars, and took the one Daniel Muniz drove. I figured it wasn't run quite as hard Dan Wheldon's so it would be in a little better shape, and Dismore had a bad habit of running into things, so I didn't want that one. Maybe that's the car you wound up with, and that's why it seemed a little beat. All I know is I've had a positive experience with them, and wouldn't have a problem buying another car from them.

I got Dan Wheldon's car. I didn't mean to make it sound like the car was trashed or anything. Mechanically it was perfect. The bodywork, however, needed some work. Spider cracks here, a gouge there and there, bottom of the nose worn through, etc. All of this was explained to me before I ever saw the car. And I really should have mentioned how helpful John and Brad have been. VERY. I ran the car five times last year and they were at every race, always willing to give me a hand and answer questions. I got a good deal, have no regrets and would buy another car from them again, in fact, once the new engine deal works its way down to club racing I probably will. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information