Liked: 9

Default Looking for an FB

What's available, what's sitting there not getting used? If you've got a competitive FB for sale please let me know. FA is in my past and I'm looking forward to a new challenge.

Randy
    rwcook3@comcast.net

Contributing Member
    Liked: 95

Say it isn't so Randy??!!! Whats the deal?

Default Too Much

I love the Atlantic and it's running the best it ever has but the costs were taking the pleasure out of it. Also, the shortage of local competitors made it less enjoyable. I couldn't get motivated by racing with someone in a different class than my car because I didn't want to mess up their class result. 13 years with the Reynard was almost enough. I was qualified and looking forward to the Runoffs but an offer came and I named my price and they said yes.

I hope the FB bunch will give me a good run. I like the M/C engine idea, cost and sound. Picking a winning combination will be difficult, and getting accustomed to another goofy set of rules will take some time. (Tube frames and no carbon fiber??!! That's the same philosophy that has 50 year old Bug Eye Sprite winning Nationals. OK I'll play.)

Thanks
    Randy

Liked: 84

come to the dark side......you know you want to.....

Contributing Member

I hear ya Dude. If it wasn't for the local DSR contingent in the SF Region I'd buy a boat!

Did the data system go with it? I know you weren't using it, I might be able to use it for a spare. Did the car stay local?

Default Reynard

The Reynard is going to New Zealand and the CDS is staying here. Let's talk!

Liked: 12

Default Speads RM07/11

Randy, I believe there is a Speads RM07/11 for sale in Colorado by 'nuisance'.

2007 Speads RM07 F1000 or FB
    Updated to 2011 Aero Package
    total time on chassis 12 races, 5 test days, and 4 hours slow speed practice
    2008 GSX-R engine refreshed by Rilltech before the 4 hours practice
    Rilltech wet sump and headers
    Flatshifter Expert and Max, lever shift or paddles, easy conversion back and forth
    protech lightweight shocks
    4-piston Willwoods
    Quaife LSD
    DynoJet Power Commander Engine Management
    Auto/manual fire system
    MyChron Gold dash and data logger
    transponder mount in nose
    two chains and several sprockets for various final drive ratios
    SCCA logbook with 2012 tech inspection
    Belts will need to be replaced for 2013
    $29,995

Also available, spare set of wheels with sticker Hoosiers $2500

pictures at http://www.lazy8.net/image%20storage.htm

John Huft
    cell nine seven oh 759-1600

john 'at' lazy8.net

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Email Sent.
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Liked: 29

Default f1000 wanted

I would suggest you talk to Wayne Felch at Stohr @ 1.503.819.7521 (Pers Cell) ,
    he is about to begin construction on two to three cars and you could probably work
    out a deal with him to benefit both of you, I just purchased JR Osborne's old car
    and I can tell you it is a blast to drive and with the optional Geartronics paddle shifter in
    it is a very comfortable and fast car to drive, it is not the fastest in a straight line due to aero but we are all working on it for this year's runoffs, you will enjoy a fine bunch of
    guys who for the most part got fed up with the other classes politics or cost (F2000 for me).

we are running an east and a west coast championships and our organizers (Nick Belling and Thomas Copeland) are doing an extrordinarily great job for the series and have secured what is the best contingency package I have ever raced under.

take a look at what the race after parties look like, here you have 75% of the race participants !, for more info go to usf1000.com

hope to race you soon

Regards

Jose Gerardo
    Step on the gas until you see the bright light..... THEN BRAKE HARD !

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Jose:

I knew you would settle into the F1000 class just fine. As you know, I suggested that you enter the class, so many years ago.

Finally, you took some advice.

You're doing a great job on the track. Your a big plus to the class.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Liked: 29

Si Richard ....I Know...
    Step on the gas until you see the bright light..... THEN BRAKE HARD !

Default Thank You

Picking a car is difficult with so many to chose from and with developments happening all the time. Thanks to everyone who has responded to my post with thoughts and direction. I'll let you all know how my FB adventure begins when I pick one.

I'll be following the forum for new info, so please keep it coming. Thanks again. Can't wait to see you on track.
    Randy

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Randy:

Development of these F1000 cars are always changing. For an entry level F1000, I would highly recommend that you consider the Speads offered by John. Finding an F1000 under $28,000 will be very difficult as the prices for newer F1000 keep climbing.

As with any car, racing or otherwise, it is very difficult to keep up with deveoplment and technological changes. The longer you wait, the more advancements in design, aero etc, and the costs will continue to go up.

Take a close look at the red Speads being offered. It looks like a very good buy.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Liked: 141

How about doing conversions on the two Carbirs listed for sale up in FC?

Liked: 8

Default Also

Look at VD conversions. I don't know if he is still interested, but Jeremy Hill has a kickin' VD! He might be interested in selling if the price was right (but isn't eveyone?)

My old conversion car ( the one Jeremy ran in FC oh so long ago) is for sale in Canada for half the price of that Speads (but not as modern). With 2006 GSXR power it is still a quick car for small change. I bet you could buy it for just north of $10G. When Stig White ran the car (last time it was raced) it held two track records out east....

Tom
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Default Carbir FC's for sale

As the owner of the FC Carbir's I would consider a sale for a conversion or 2. To be honest it would be simpler to market the cars as complete but I would rather sell the cars and accept the hassle of what's left than not sell at all. Jim Roberts Westroc Motorsport. Thanks for the bump.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Thread Information