Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 106

Default Congrats to Bob Wright

Don't forget, Bob held it together and got the masters win and 5th overall in outright horrible conditions, way to go Bob!

Liked: 3319

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Picard View Post
    Don't forget, Bob held it together and got the masters win and 5th overall in outright horrible conditions, way to go Bob!
    Great job, Bob. I'm sorry we weren't there to run the races, but not sorry we missed the horrible conditions. Way to stand up for the old guys!
    Dave Weitzenhof

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Thanks...but I have to mention I had some help. A couple of my fellow 'masters' were very generous and threw their cars off the track so I could advance . Not sure I could have caught them before the checker.

The conditions were...shall we say, trying.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
    Thanks...but I have to mention I had some help. A couple of my fellow 'masters' were very generous and threw their cars off the track so I could advance . Not sure I could have caught them before the checker.

The conditions were...shall we say, trying.
    It still counts. You made it to the finish line before they did...

Liked: 3787

I have not had time to chime in. Life has been a wee bit hectic since Saturady afternoon. Sitting out on the deck this evening with the Captain I finally had time to think back over the weekend. We went to New England thinking we would escape the heat that has set into Florida for the next 4 months, only to get baked on Tuesday and drenched for three days after.

First off, while driving down through Pennsylvania Janice showed me Dennis' pictures. I proceeded to throw our cameras out the RV window on I-81. Holy cow! Dennis is just above the top shelf. I say this based on a bit of experience, because a few times i was out there shooting last weekend and could see him on the other side of the track. My shots were OK, his are just fantastic.

The "stakeholders" that pay their entry fees and come out to play are just so good to associate with. During three days of rain without stop I made an effort to stop by every paddock space every day. There was no bitchin'. Folks just understood it was a weather thing, and they had to deal with it. In fact, i think many went out of their way to be especially friendly to offset the wet.

Rand already said it. But the staff just went on like it was a mild sunny day. Our only issue was the fact we were losing a radio or headset about every other hour due to being waterlogged. Those of us that stay "outside", are constantly reminding T&S of their luxury suites, but they are amazing. Live on Race Monitor, printed results within minutes. Impressive. Greg Rickes, who does the play-by-play announcing, did all the announcing for the weekend, not just our sessions, but basically everything from 8 to 5. And... he never got boring.

Tim won the first race pretty handily. I had heard that his crew said that if he won 6 in a row, he would need to rent more motel rooms so Langbein would not have to sleep on the floor anymore. His first visit to Lime Rock a few years ago was in the wet and he did well then, so there was no surprise Race 1.

Kyle keeps maturing with each event. He got a great start in the second race and then kept the VD on the track at the fastest pace to win. Kyle and James Lee are determined to make this a competitive race for the championship. I think the conditions in the second race were far worse than earlier, but i could be bias, for by that point we were soaked to the bone. Visibility behind the F2000 cars was worse than benind the F1600s for the diffusers just pumped massive rooster tails out the rear. It was so wet more than one competitor lost throttle position sensors.

In the rain many teams split cars to repair cluthes or swap engines. Pretty amazing when i think back about it.

I'm thinking years from now the folks that were there are going to be sitting around bench racing and they are going to start a sentence with "Remember back in 2013 at Lime Rock...."

Maybe we should print some T-shirts that say "I survived LRP in 2013".

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4360

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post

The "stakeholders" that pay their entry fees and come out to play are just so good to associate with. During three days of rain without stop I made an effort to stop by every paddock space every day. There was no bitchin'. Folks just understood it was a weather thing, and they had to deal with it. In fact, i think many went out of their way to be especially friendly to offset the wet.

For a lot of us, who have been racing in Canada and NEDIV, it was just another few days at the track. Better than many early May/September events at Mosport, Tremblant, Nelson Ledges, Bryar, etc. Atleast I was not sleeping in a tent and racing from the trunk of a car with open trailer, no awning. The nice trailers, awnings, and pavement make a world of difference!
    Last edited by problemchild; 05.31.13 at 7:45 AM.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 106

Moving the trailer / awning simultaneously was an experience. Thanks to all who helped.

(Only causality was my cell phone.)

So how many fishing licenses were sold

Liked: 127

Like the Frog said, judging by the spirit and attitude of the racers, workers, and series staff, you wouldn't know we had drenching rain, 40 degree temperatures, and wind from start to finish.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Quote Originally Posted by Will Velkoff View Post
    Like the Frog said, judging by the spirit and attitude of the racers, workers, and series staff, you wouldn't know we had drenching rain, 40 degree temperatures, and wind from start to finish.

Unless you were there...did anyone else notice the guy building the Arc in the other paddock?
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 27

Let us not forget David Grant, who seemed undeterred by the rain as he drove from dead last on the starting grid to finish fifth in round 5, thus moving himself right into contention for the Cellmark Paper Hard-Charger Award.

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by gfastr View Post
    Let us not forget David Grant, who seemed undeterred by the rain as he drove from dead last on the starting grid to finish fifth in round 5, thus moving himself right into contention for the Cellmark Paper Hard-Charger Award.
    And also sitting second in points...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information