Thread: OMP suits?

Banned
    Liked: 1116

I have heard of certain European suits where you can't trust the sizing charts. Are the OMP suits one of them?

The obvious advice would be to try one on. I can't locate a local retailer who has anything close (52, 54 or 56) in stock. I am guessing I am a 54.

I also feel a little guilty about utilizing a local retailer for the sizing when I want to purchase my suit elsewhere. Hard to justify spending an extra $300 though (OMP Technica $900 vs. $600)

TIA,

Daryl DeArman

Liked: 212

I bought my OMP suit through mail order. My wife and I measured me very carfully, then order the suit. When it arrived I tried it o, and it was way too small. I had to send it back for the next size up, then it came in, and too small as well. I think I ended up with something like 3 sizes bigger then my measurements suggested. I would try one on, what a hassle to return it more then once through the mail

Cheers
    Len
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Liked: 0

Daryl, You may want to call Wine Country MotorSports at Sears Point. They have always been very helpful and they stock OEM. They can help you with sizing and would probably work with you on an exchange if the suit doesn't fit. Their phone/web is in SportsCar. I really like my OEM suit.
    Bill Hetzel

Liked: 0

If you have a dealer near by that carries Sparco or Stand21 try on one of those suits. Then call an OMP dealer and tell them that you wear a size "56" Sparco they will be able to tell you the appropiate size for OMP.
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Liked: 25

A possibility for trying on suits from different manufacturers is to go to a big pro race (maybe not even road racing) where there are lots of vendors. The Chili Bowl midget races in Tulsa has a very large group of vendors, and a couple years ago, thanks to Bobby Arher Motorsports, I was able to try on suits from a number of European manufacturers there. Unfortunately, I found that I needed a custom suit or more exercise and a good diet!
    - Frank C

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Len,

What size did you end up with? How tall are you and what is your weight?

I'd like to support a local retailer. But my wallet can't justify the HUGE price difference just becuase they are nice guys. If they were playing on the same field, sure. But this isn't even the same league. We are talking a %50 higher price.

I hope to find myself as happy with my OMP suit as I have been with my 12 year old Simpson. IMO they (Simpson) don't make them like they used to.

Thanks again for your advice.

Thread Information