Liked: 3

Default Time to Stir the Pot...

In 2012 there were quite a few 2011 top-contenders that were not racing. The Mad Scientist Kautz was building and testing his FrankenPiper for the Run-Offs, Valet got married and was attending law school, Thompson only attended a race here and there...

Are any of the "Good-ol-boys" (i.e. racer of legal drinking age with the exception of Thompson ) going to return for 2013?

Are the 'regulars' planning on another full season (Foster, Scanlan, Detrick, Grenier, Oseth, etc)?

Cheers
    Ross
    "The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose." - Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default 2013

I'll be back for the full 2013 season. Lots of work left to do as I just got the frame back into my shop after Pat Prince did repairs and some upgrades this winter. I'll have a new paint scheme, there were just too many blue cars it there. Looks like Fosters helmet design will be more in tune with his new Spectrum, can't wait to see how he goes in it. What kind do crop of new kids can we expect this season. Roos, you gonna be able to do a full season?

No sir Mr. Mike. At this point, I may do LRP and Mid-Ohio in July. Both are doubtful though.
    "The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose." - Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Liked: 50

I'm planning on VIR and both Mid Ohio races. Indycar schedule is going to keep me away from the rest of them. Getting the Ford back in the carafter huring it at The Glen, can't really afford the Honda conversion I had hoped for.

Liked: 111

Default F1600

Ross.. I was planning on doing the LRP race, but some work conflicts have made that impossible. Since there is no Glen race I won't be able to make the other F1600 races due to their locations / cost of travel etc.. Good luck with whatever you race this year. I hope some of the other "regulars" can make it back to keep Rands fields full for the young guns.

Regards,
    Robert Detrick
    Leading Edge Racing.

Liked: 3787

Default Aussie Invasion

A little birdie has told me that Spectrum has sold nine (9) F1600s and two (2) F2000s in the US since the end of last season.

Sort of, kind of, makes them a significant car builder. May signal a change in the economy.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    A little birdie has told me that Spectrum has sold nine (9) F1600s and two (2) F2000s in the US since the end of last season.

Sort of, kind of, makes them a significant car builder. May signal a change in the economy.
    Don't forget about the French as they have many new cars being sold, or so I have been told.

With all the new 1600's I am hearing about I am guessing the car counts will be up for this year in the F1600 Series.
    Steve Bamford

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

Another little bird told me a french f1600 is headed east for a pretty good shoe this year also.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 14

Treadway got his hands on a Mygale did he ?
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFirlein View Post
    Treadway got his hands on a Mygale did he ?
    Nope.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Quote Originally Posted by stonebridge20 View Post
    Another little bird told me a french f1600 is headed east for a pretty good shoe this year also.
    Valet?

Liked: 157

Quote Originally Posted by R.DeVoe View Post
    Valet?
    Nope

Liked: 232

Default My Dinner and Hockey Guest Tonight ......

... after a splendid "Italian" dinner/feast tonight (Frutti de Mare) and during the Fla Panthers and Canadians Game (Panthers lost in overtime) my "snowbird" guest advises he has purchased a new Spectrum/Honda, .....

Default e-mail contacts

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Art Foster?

Thread Information