Liked: 0

So, let me get this straight. Since there are no SCCA sanction approved fuel test ports, then, whether or not I get to race is left up to some tech guys interpretation of the rules. The same tech guy that told me last year that I would have to get a snell 2000 helmet to race last year. If that is the case, I hope to actually see some cars on the track this year.

Montfort,

I'll be there with ya man!! Fuel port or not!!!
    You have to get to know, really know, some of the officials. As bad as some may be (God please help me for saying that!) There are MANY great officials as well.

Spending the last 6 years as an SCCA official in F&C and Grid, I can honestly say there are people that can help us when we need it as drivers. You just need to know who they are, and it helps if they know who you are. Playing on their side of the fence every once in a while really helps in this respect.

Peace
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Don't remember seeing this before, just something I ran across whilst surfing.

http://www.holroydandjones.com/fuel_sample_valves.htm

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

talk to purple frog. he knows the guy who i got mine from. it cost $16. the guy is a scrutineer. it is really neat. has a schrader valve with 1/8 pipe thread and a teflon valve seat. the thing also has a metal cap that screws over it, so you have 2 layers of protection against leaks. there is also a little gizmo that you screw onto the schrader valve to take a sample. it then has a hose berb on it and a needle that you screw in to open the schrader valve. this way no fuel can be spilled. all i had to do was put a tee in the fuel line right at the carb and i was in business. it is a slick little piece.

Liked: 3787

I just went through tech this last weekend at Atlanta. I used the go cart fuel valve featured in one of the other fuel port threads and it passed with ease. 3 dollars for the valve.

The fuel valve from Morrison (Angelfire) appears to be nothing more than a schrader valve used in the refrigeration industry. These valves would be available at any heating & air supply company or even through Grainger or McMaster Carr.

Liked: 3787

True, But Morrison's come all soldered to the right line adapter, with instructions, and no hassle.

A small price to pay for a lot of convenience.

Thread Information