Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 357

Default help a FV'er in the SCCA GoPro competition

Just a heads up, but Trevor Millers FV video is one of this months Video of the Month finalist. Here is the link to the SCCA Facebook page where all you have to do it "Like" the post with his video.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/sccaoffi...omment_mention
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

Liked: 846

Matt,
    Pretty sure I saw YOUR car in that/those video(s) a number of times. Seems you guys up around WGI are having some great races.
    Congrats to all you guys .. there was no actual CONTACT in the video despite several opportunities that presented themselves

Steve, FV80

Yep, that was me in there a couple times. A couple of us up here always seem to find each other one way or another. It was like that all year, although I did have someone fly over my right side on a start. Only a bent wheel. The lot of us could make some pretty wild clips just from WGI races alone.

It's a shame youtube won't let us upload higher quality videos. I tried putting my vids up a while back, but kept getting rejected. My camera is mounted on my head. You actually get a pretty good feel for what I'm doing compared to the roll bar.

Whether I was in it or not, I figured it was worth getting a Vee guy some goodies.

Matt,
    Just an FYI - unless they have changed the rules (and I don't think they have ... although they SHOULD), helmet mounted cams are NOT LEGAL in SCCA. When the rule was written, cams were a *LOT* heavier than they are today. I had a Go-Pro on my helmet a number of years ago when it was pointed out by a STEWARD that they were NOT ALLOWED. I checked the GCR (at that time) and found that to be true.

I haven't checked lately since I now use a chassis mount, but it would be a real shame to have a race win DENIED because of an issue like that.

Steve, FV80

Yep, thanks for mentioning that. I did look and ask before I did it, and it appears to be allowed now. I cannot remember which year they allowed it, but it is a recent thing. Maybe even for 2012. I made a comment one day about it would be cool if they allowed it, and one of the guys said that part of the GCR was removed. I looked it up in a previous & new GCR that week, and they were right. There was language about it that was taken out. I asked this to tech at the beginning of the year, and was also told that it was correct. I guess they did finally realize no one was going to strap a VHS unit to their head nowadays.

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Matt,
    Just an FYI - unless they have changed the rules (and I don't think they have ... although they SHOULD), helmet mounted cams are NOT LEGAL in SCCA. When the rule was written, cams were a *LOT* heavier than they are today. I had a Go-Pro on my helmet a number of years ago when it was pointed out by a STEWARD that they were NOT ALLOWED. I checked the GCR (at that time) and found that to be true.

I haven't checked lately since I now use a chassis mount, but it would be a real shame to have a race win DENIED because of an issue like that.

Steve, FV80

They are allowed now although you can not mount a VHS camcorder on your helmet
    Mark Filip

While we're talking head & POV cameras, I think something like these glasses with a camera between the eyes would be pretty cool if they work as well as you would hope for.

https://www.dynaspy.com/megasight-sp...sunglasses-dvr

The sunglasses looks like a pretty cool idea, but it their ads are like the initial Go-Pro ads, the battery life will really only be about 15 minutes instead of 2 hrs...

Steve, FV80

Liked: 23

Default great compilation

Trevor,
    A great compilation video of your races. Looking forward to seeing you, Matt & the rest gain in 2013.

Dennis

Looks like FV wins again!

And same to you, Dennis. Hopefully I will be able to do a full NYSRRC schedule this year & see you guys more.

Liked: 49

Regarding the youtube upload quality - change to Vimeo! There is a weekly upload limit for the free account, but that's usually still enough for one full race. I found it much easier to deal with than youtube for long, high quality footage..

Yea, I've seen that Vimeo seems to work better with HD vids. The only thing is, is that Youtube is bigger & more widespread. And in the case of something like the SCCA video contest, they specify Youtube. Won't hurt to do both, I guess!

Thread Information