Thread: 2013 Schedule

Liked: 3787

Default 2013 Schedule

Rand woke up this morning, looked out the window and saw that he was still on planet Earth, albeit Sharon Conneticut, and figured the Mayans must have errored. So he decided to have a 2013 season....

http://www.f2000championshipseries.c...-schedule.html

Liked: 27

"Series officials will introduce something unique for the second Mid-Ohio weekend, which is set to be a doubleheader for now."

Under the lights at Attica Fairgrounds?

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Quote Originally Posted by gfastr View Post
    "Series officials will introduce something unique for the second Mid-Ohio weekend, which is set to be a doubleheader for now."

Under the lights at Attica Fairgrounds?

Count me in

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

No long underwear or snow tires needed for WG this year.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 3319

Default Thanks!

2 Mid-Ohio =>

No Mosport =>

No WG in the snow =>

Sincerely, thanks, Mike, et al. I know it was a struggle to get this set up!
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 14

even as someone whose car ran very well the last 2 seasons in the snow at the glen in all 4 races I think we are all glad for the weather break. I always liked the 6 hr weekend.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFirlein View Post
    even as someone whose car ran very well the last 2 seasons in the snow at the glen in all 4 races I think we are all glad for the weather break. I always liked the 6 hr weekend.
    aaron

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

I'm happy to see that Mosport is not on the schedule. I don't like visiting my mortal enemies on their home turf.

Liked: 0

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by starkejt View Post
    I'm happy to see that Mosport is not on the schedule. I don't like visiting my mortal enemies on their home turf.
    It would only be fair.
    aaron

Mosport is a REAL track. And, from all the pictures I have seen the facility is wondefully improved. New tower, wide pit lane, new grid, great tunnel, and best of all real safe NASCAR type runoff areas. So now a little mistake at T2 doesn't mean you are writing off a car. And the Canadian fans really appreciate good formula car racing.

Lots of us would like to go there, but it seems that a good number of the customers won't cross the border.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Frog,

Won't or can't?

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Mosport ! Pretty close to Minnesota.... hmmmm
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default I had this conversation with a resident alien yeterday

Quote Originally Posted by jim morgan View Post
    Frog,

Won't or can't?
    Pretty sure we are talking "aboot" the same thing (DUI's) and he tells me he never heard of such a thing, and as a Canadian citizen, I figure he would have.

My next question was more along the lines of what would prevent a guy w/ a DUI who could not enter the country via normal means (driving or flying across) from getting in a pleasure craft type boat and sailing/motoring across Lk Ontario from the NY side?

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Please Mike and Frog, make sure that Cincy Region lets us CFC and CFF racers run the ITE spec Fest as we have done on almost all years past as doing so will not affect the series entry in any way shape or form and will bring probably 10 to 15 more entries to a regional run group that already existed last year.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4360

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    Pretty sure we are talking "aboot" the same thing (DUI's) and he tells me he never heard of such a thing, and as a Canadian citizen, I figure he would have.

My next question was more along the lines of what would prevent a guy w/ a DUI who could not enter the country via normal means (driving or flying across) from getting in a pleasure craft type boat and sailing/motoring across Lk Ontario from the NY side?
    Occasionally, the Canadian customs officer will ask the question "Do you have a criminal record?". If the answer is yes, you may be refused entry. If the answer is no, and they check, then it is very unlikely that you will gain entry.

Once a vehicle is refused entry, it is flagged, and will get extra attention next time .... especially when it arrives at a different border crossing 1 hr later.

You can enter Canada 50 times without problem, but if they ask you that question on the 51st trip, you may be refused entry. Yes, a DUI from 30 yrs ago, counts.

It may be easier to say that you don't like Mosport, Canadians, Donut shops, etc and stay home

Too bad .... not many tracks have not been newtered and still maintain the character that made them world-class in the 50s-60s.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

It may be easier to say that you don't like Mosport, Canadians, Donut shops, etc and stay home

I know you ain't talkin' bout me: I heart that place, the people and Tim Hortons!

See... i was told that in Canada a DUI is rated as a felony. And they frown on letting felons into their country.
    Also, little things like not paying child support...

Greg is correct. If you get bounced at Niagara, don't think you can whip over to Port Huron and get in. Those damn computers are pretty fast at keeping up.

Please note; I have never had an issue crossing. Obviously "crazy" is not a criteria that they are screening.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    See... i was told that in Canada a DUI is rated as a felony. And they frown on letting felons into their country.
    Also, little things like not paying child support...

Greg is correct. If you get bounced at Niagara, don't think you can whip over to Port Huron and get in. Those damn computers are pretty fast at keeping up.

Please note; I have never had an issue crossing. Obviously "crazy" is not a criteria that they are screening.
    Me neither, Sr. Phrog, and btw, probably a really good idea not to attempt to bring a vintage shotgun into the country - ya might find yourself chained to a bed in a cell...
    Wait - Wrong border, my bad.

Liked: 111

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    []
    From near mosport the last time I was there:
    Attachment 35854

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4360

Canada has the highest number of "donut shops" per capita in the world by a large margin, although they do sell much more than donuts. Bowmanville, the town near Mosport, seems to have a minimum of two per intersection.

For those who really want to come to Mosport, you can seek a Pardon, which is a legal process costing several $K and some time.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Steve Demeter,
    For what it is worth I/we have nothing to do with the run groups the Region chooses to schedule but I have already expressed to them that we have no issue should they schedule CFC etc.
    Your lobbying with me won't do any good, I have nothing to do with the event schedule beyond F2000 and F1600.
    I do know the race chair has changed for 2013 however, doyour research and see what you cn get done.
    Mike Rand

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Thanks Mike.

Thread Information